Closed Thread
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 383 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwP1bW7ieaM

Is this PR1.2 on his device???
I made this video and my N900 is a PR1.1.1 one (US edition). I just installed MSCIM and that's why I can type Chinese.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amandalam For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by amandalam View Post
I made this video and my N900 is a PR1.1.1 one (US edition). I just installed MSCIM and that's why I can type Chinese.
Thnx for clarifying the situation

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
An official chinese support is very welcomed.
I uninstalled MSCIM once I realized it disabled the virtual keyboard and english dictionary

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by Dunsurfin View Post
So I guess Tuesday 27th April is when we may see PR 1.2 as an update.

(or rather this is my hope).

I must admit not having the FM transmitter hardware and software would have made me less likely to purchase the N900. This feature makes the N900 a great device for road trips.
I hope they will include the Chinese support in the international version firmware soon, or some good soul here will make a custom firmware combining the goodies.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
That's why god qwerty12 gave us fmtx-faker.
hmm.... what do u what to fake when the hw is missing.... read proper.... there is only a reciever and no transmitter...

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Amanda I have always been wishing to thank you for your hard work on the input method pack! I'm from Hong Kong and I must say the decision to acquire a N900 is mostly fuelled by the your input method. Thank you very much.

I was trying to establish a Hong Kong or I should say a traditional Chinese community for N900. Any suggestions or it there's some out there except Mobile01 please do let me know.

Once again thank you very much for your great attitude in developing N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to larrykwok For This Useful Post:
According to Chinese.WindAndMac.com, Nokia will officially announce the Nokia N900 Hong Kong Edition in a press conference to be held on next Thursday (April 29th 2010). Stocks will be immediately available in local shops thereafter.

[*]The N900 Hong Kong edition will also be the first smartphone ever to support Skype and Google Talk video conferencing. I'm not sure if this is part of the PR1.2 features, but this is really a great feature that must be highlighted. However, native 3G video call is still not yet supported. [/LIST]
I wonder if the Skype videoconferencing is true. Or if it's a journalist/blogger misinterpreting SIPP and Google Talk video chat.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by ~phoenix~ View Post
hmm.... what do u what to fake when the hw is missing.... read proper.... there is only a reciever and no transmitter...
Yup. They physically removed it from the chip. With a chisel.

Read: There is only one board for the N900. When it is shipped to some countries, the transmitter is being disabled.

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Hong Kong 1.2 will probably be ripped and available for download within hours of its release. Then we can either sit back and watch the re-coding to get it useful for the latin/cyrillic world or jump in; as ur talents allow. I'll be sitting back watching as my coding days ended when my Commodore 64 quit working.

programming: where x=x+1 not only true but necessary!

Originally Posted by larrykwok View Post
I was trying to establish a Hong Kong or I should say a traditional Chinese community for N900. Any suggestions or it there's some out there except Mobile01 please do let me know.
Off topic but in respond to your question, I think there is none... if you want to set up a site, maybe I can contribute...

Closed Thread