Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Qwerty12 hasn't been here in years.

I still miss that little fella.

Anyway, open up Xterm and type

xchat

When it crashes, copy and paste the terminal output.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Kansas City, MO
It says nothing but simply:

Segmentation Fault

It has no problem restarting but every time i type /osinfo or /sysinfo it dies. Rather discouraging since i like the script a lot and i have not seen this issue any where else. This has happened now on two separate installations btw. on both main flash and miniSD. Doesnt seem to matter wether its a fresh install or an old one nor does location of install matter. At this point i would just like to know the location of the script itself so that i can just alter it and remove the "distro" code and just do with out that entirely. as calling the distro name is what seems to make it crash.

The Following User Says Thank You to wulfe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
What is x-sys?

A search on this forum comes up with nothing.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Kansas City, MO
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
What is x-sys?

A search on this forum comes up with nothing.
Yeah searching for it here failed for me to. X-Sys is a system information plugin for X-Chat originaly created by Michael Shoop and was ported to maemo by querty12. I have seen a few good comments on it here and there leading me to believe it was fully functional at one time but not one report of an error or crash since its release.

I am currently rummaging through other distros that may have encountered this error but nothing solid so far that looks like a lead to a fix. I have also not figured out where this plugin installs either as it does not place the script in the traditional ~/.xchat2/plugins/ folder it places it somewhere else.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Vlaardingen, Netherlands
Is anyone still developing for this? Xchat itself seems to have stopped developing but there is an alternative: hexchat.org/ which is based on xchat, and has free, opensource windows and linux client.
Could this be ported?

Also: is it possible to run perl scripts? I dont know how to recompile.

Last edited by Whispering Weasel; 2013-05-11 at 12:05.