Notices

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by rdorsch View Post
gianko,

I am happy to accept patches. Just let me know where they are and I will include them (although if upstream would include them, that would make even more sense).

Thanks,
Rainer
im putting the patches here on trac http://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/1072

feel free to contribute or to include in the N900 build before they do

Originally Posted by rdorsch View Post
I uploaded revision 5440 of navit to bokomoko.

I has support for mtb_scale mountainbike tracks. Since the navit maps generated from osm do not have these paths, nobody should notice. If somebody experiences problems, please let me know. If somebody wants the mtb_scale enabled maps, let me know as well :-)

Rainer
we can have mtb_scale on map if we use your maptool to create map.bin ?

Navit problem: display lacks zoom buttons, main menu. I installed the version available in the usual repos (including extras-devel), not the bokomoko one. I was hoping that might be good enough. I put map.xml, navit.xml and OSD.xml (arne.anka's set from comment 566, edited for my location and other data) in /home/user/.navit. I downloaded an openstreetmap and put it in the designated map folder.

When I start navit, it shows the map, I can use the touchscreen to scroll it to other locations. But it's missing most of the buttons. No zoom. No way to give it a location that I want to see a map of. And when I go to Settings screen, there's no way to get back to the map. The Main Menu in the top left does nothing. No way to exit either. I have to wait for it to crash from random button presses, or reboot.

So is my only hope to try the bokomoko version? Anybody else have these weird partial-function things going on? The Goog was not my friend on this. I didn't find anything, but I probably don't know where to look.

edited to add: I use an N900.

Last edited by quixote; 2012-10-04 at 21:21.

Gaaa. I'm going nuts. As usual. So, I thought Monav might be the solution for what I want which is only to have maps I can access OFFLINE. Downloaded my region, everything fine,

but,

as soon as I turn off wifi, it stops using the map I just downloaded! What the f gives? Why does everything want a connection? When I'm in the back of beyond, there is no connection. I need OFFline maps. How do I get Monav ( or anything) to just give me simple offline maps? You know, as if I had an atlas stored on my n900?

the navit version in the "official" repo afaik is not working properly, try bokomoko repo is completely another story

Ah, I see. Off to reinstall now.

Okay. A day later. I had some kind of problem with my repos, but finally it went away. You're right that the bokomoko version does work. W00T!

Now I just have to mess about with navit.xml (?I assume, haven't looked into it yet) to get the type big enough to actually see.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Last edited by quixote; 2012-10-07 at 04:27. Reason: info added

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Why the separate repo? Why not upload to extras-devel (it'll let you override it in devel even if you're not the maintainer, and honestly, you could contact maintainer and ask him to let you maintain it, I'm sure at this point they'd know you'd do a better job than them - or if they don't respond, I think council can do something about that, last I checked, by prodding the right people who handle the repo management).

Originally Posted by quixote View Post
Gaaa. I'm going nuts. As usual. So, I thought Monav might be the solution for what I want which is only to have maps I can access OFFLINE. Downloaded my region, everything fine,

but,

as soon as I turn off wifi, it stops using the map I just downloaded! What the f gives? Why does everything want a connection? When I'm in the back of beyond, there is no connection. I need OFFline maps. How do I get Monav ( or anything) to just give me simple offline maps? You know, as if I had an atlas stored on my n900?
i got the strong impression that you have never really read anything about the software you are attempting to use.

- navit's gui needs to be configured in the navit.xml (or included xml file)
- offline maps have to be downloaded and made known to navit and monav -- if you don't do that, what do you expect to happen?
- monav maps need to be prepared by you, since there's no usable provider -- latest monav available for n900 requires maps more rcent then the ones linked to from the monav hp

btw: monav is imo certainly the way to go. it's faster, it's better and the gui is so much better, that i don't even know, where to start.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Stuttgart, Germany
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
im putting the patches here on trac http://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/1072

feel free to contribute or to include in the N900 build before they do
I think "they" were faster. The latest build should have them.

Rainer

The Following User Says Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Stuttgart, Germany
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
we can have mtb_scale on map if we use your maptool to create map.bin ?
I do have mtb_scale, yes.

Have a look at the patch which I apply

http://bokomoko.de/~rd/navit/mtb-track.patch

(i.e. you do not need to run the maptool on the n900 ;-) )

and my mtb layout

http://bokomoko.de/~rd/navit/mtb.xml

Let me know, if you have trouble with it.

Rainer

The Following User Says Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:

Tags
navigation, navit, nokia n900, openstreetmap