Posts: 62 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
i hav a problem here...wen i try to connect to the wifi at my hostel it says network error. the modem is VMC AN 1020-21.
HELP ME...

Originally Posted by kerneld View Post
Is anyone still having problems with their WiFi?

Two main problems for me are: 1) it's not only a pain to reboot the phone, something that no *nix system I've ever had ever needed aside from kernel upgrades or serious problems, but due to issue 2 I'm stuck with doing two reboots, first the "soft" variety, then a "proper" one as root, or power cycling the device, which isn't nice..

2) it locks me out of root priviledges, for some reason. Ie, when wifi hangs/breaks, I can't "root", not "sudo gainroot" nor sudo anything.. I can't log on as root nor execute any command that requires root, rendering most of the fixes posted both here and on the Bug Report useless for me.
Did you resolve the problem or are you living with it? I have the same here.

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Hm setting to Open doesnt work for me, personally. Nor does rebooting or the sudo gainroot thing posted earlier (the -9 one).

Damns strange =|

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I have a strange problem with wifi on my n900 which is a little different from that described in this thread. While it detects a signal it is unable to connect. I get the error "Network connection error". I have a second N900 and it works fine using the same wifi. I compared the settings in settings > internet connections and they are identical. Later in the day I went to starbucks and I had no problem with wifi. Back home again and it doesn't work... Perhaps there are some other files I should compare settings? As I've been using it for several years, I wonder if some file got corrupted?

Thanks

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Since the wifi was working fine with other devices in my house it did not occur to me to turn the wifi unit on and off. Doh!

Edit DNS settings as root /etc/resolve.conf to Google DNS:

Code:
nameserver 127.0.0.1
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

Last edited by sardinha; 2013-01-09 at 19:25.

i am also having the same problem but it unsolved

Tried:
-killall -9 eapd
-Power setting
-changing encryption type-open to....wpa2
-reboot

Does upgrading to a new version of power kernel solve the problem?

Last edited by aBs0lut3z33r0; 2013-01-30 at 18:40.

help my wifi gets stuck at connecting. the wifi notification blinks which means connecting but never connects fully. what can i do? i noticed this after sometime when my phone powered off while using cleven to crack a wireless

Tags
connect, connection, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, network, problem, wifi, wireless, wlan