Active Topics

I tried to setup my voipdiscount account with the following information on my n800:
http://www.voipdiscount.com/en/sipp.html

But it failed to connect to the SIP network when I tried to dial up.Anybody knows how to set it up correctly?

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
It should be the same config as voipbuster, search voipbuster in this forum for guidance and ilbc problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
Hi,
I use VOIP with voipstunt and another account, both active and good working, on my N800. I am using RTCOMM (search google for rtcomm maemo, first hit), and as in post #2 fix the ilbc problem (easy forum search).

I post here my voipstunt account configuration, maybe can be useful:

user name: YOURNAME @ voipstunt.com
passws: yours
checked "use for PSTN calls"
ADVANCED:
- Connection:
Transport: Auto
Outgoing proxy: sip.voipstunt.com
Port 5060
"Discover.." checked, Keep-alive auto, keep-alive frequency 0
-Authentication:
Just your ID and pass, without any @voipstunt.com
-Stun:
no autodetect STUN, use "stun.voipstunt.com" as server, port 3478.

I hope it will work also for you, all the best,

Nicola

The Following User Says Thank You to confini For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
Originally Posted by leavic View Post
I tried to setup my voipdiscount account with the following information on my n800:
http://www.voipdiscount.com/en/sipp.html

But it failed to connect to the SIP network when I tried to dial up.Anybody knows how to set it up correctly?
Please, start by reading the Wiki -- http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi...#Communication

And obviously, you didn't bother to search either :P

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...archid=1542500

The Following User Says Thank You to ghoonk For This Useful Post:
Thank you everybody(especially confini),it works now!

Originally Posted by leavic View Post
Thank you everybody(especially confini),it works now!
You might want to check that this workaround (it's not a fix) does not disable Gizmo/Skype calling. I'm looking into this now as my Gizmo/Skype is not playing nice without the iLBC codec enabled :P

Update: Skype works, Voipbuster works, Gizmo does not. As expected

I didn't have much trouble setting up the account, and I can call (once I noticed that I had to add a "1" before the phone number).

However, when answer the call, there is no sound going in either direction. Googling "VOIP no sound" turned up some hits that made it sound like I am perhaps just not understanding how VOIP with SIP is supposed to work.

I also tried using "Linphone" on Linux, with the same effect -- dialing "15551234567@sip.voipdiscount.com" resulted in the call going through, but with no sounds...

What might I be missing?

Do you happen to have the OGG Support (allows you to playback OGG files on the tablet) installed? If so, that's been known to cause audio issues.

Originally Posted by ghoonk View Post
Do you happen to have the OGG Support (allows you to playback OGG files on the tablet) installed? If so, that's been known to cause audio issues.
Following some of the directions that I found while searching for this, I moved away a library that was supposed to be problematic ("libgstdspilpbc.so"). I also just removed the ogg library with "apt-get", but that didn't seem to make any difference...