Notices

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
you need it to pair before you'll get it showing on lsmod... i guess i don't use it.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
i think temporal's instructions are the best and easiest way to pair the two, download the latest motionjoy, add your bluetooth mac address in a reversed order and click pair. worked like a charm on 4 different occasions and still no problems. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...63#post1009863

Hi and thx for the fast reply,

I will try with the motion in joy program as soon as I get a windows.

But I am still wondering why it doesn't work, the motionInJoy just change the bt master adress of the controller, right ?
as we just have to set the bt master adress on the controller (what I did with sixpair), I was suspecting that the problem is on my n900.

Note : someone in this thread as mentioned a case sensitive issue with sixpair but I have try in both up/low case and this change nothing.
(by the way the output of sixpair always show adress in lower case)

I make report as soon as I have tried the motionInJoy
Anim1 : I have already seen your link to the motion enjoy complete process but as I am an Ubuntu user I didn't used it.....yet .

I am trying to connect PS3 controller on windows using GlovePIE, but in glovepie folder there isn't n900.pie script!

I just briefly want to bump this great post.
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
I got a dialog in n900 when I pressed the joystick's button saying "do you want to connect to ps3 joystick" - I pressed yes - but still had the same behavior as before - add,add, remove,remove.
So I reflashed the device and it worked, so I started to isolate the application that causes this problem.
After many attempts I finally found the cause - it is a package that both "extkbd" and "extmou" are dependant on and it is called "libconbtui0-hid" - remove it and everything works fine.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Israel
Hey all,

I'm having trouble connecting a brand new sixaxis controller to my N900.
So, the following occurs:
After pairing the controller using sixpair on the n900, I press the PS button. BT icon turns blue, controller leds keep blinking and then after 10 seconds, the BT icon goes back to white.

I've done the following after reading this entire thread:
Reinstalled all sixaxis-related packages, rebooted, charged, reseted the controller, etc.

/etc/bluetooth/main.conf contains "DisablePlugins = network,input,hal"
joydev module is running
no sixad processes are running in ps -e
Controller information when connected via USB:
Code:
[14739.822723] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=054c, idProduct=0268 
[14739.822784] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0 
[14739.822814] usb 1-1: Product: PLAYSTATION(R)3Conteroller 
[14739.822845] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: SHENGHIC 2009/0708ZXW-V1Inc.
Syslog is throwing the following error every time:
Code:
Apr 17 22:17:53 Nokia-N900 [1474]: Failed DBUS method call with error 'org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod': Method "GetProperties" with signature "" on interface "org.bluez.Device" doesn't exist 
Apr 17 22:17:53 Nokia-N900 [1474]: bluetooth_device_get_for_proxy: sending failed 
Apr 17 22:17:53 Nokia-N900 [1474]: Unable to resolve device for path /org/bluez/2124/hci0/dev_00_1E_3D_DE_XX_XX
What else can I do?
Thanks.

i have the same problem it just keeps asking me to connect the controller yes or no i hope there is some way to solve this...

and i have the problem too
what can we do
please help

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Pondokcina AX (Jawa Barat ID)
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
for all those with the problem of the repeated question if you want to accept the connection to PLAYSTATION 3 Controller.

I have done it this way (i dont know if certain steps are important or not but thats just how i did it and it worked. No other way did and i was reading every post).

1. apt-get remove sixad
2. apt-get remove sixaxis-support
3. nano /etc/bluetooth/main.conf (if you dont have that nano, i think you can install it via apt-get install nano)
-> it should exactly look like this

the important row is "DisablePlugins" and i dont know if its true, but for me, i think it was important, that "input" was the second value there. Well, after you are done, press CTRL+X and if it asks to overwirte, press y and Enter.

4. apt-get install sixad
5. apt-get install sixaxis-support
6. reboot your device !!!

Thats it. It worked for me exactly that way. It might be important to install that sixad and sixaxis-support via console, because i did the same steps before but with application manager and it had no effect. Well, just follow the steps. Oh, and i removed that one bluetooth-mouse-support package there (dont remember the name, just search for "mouse" in the app manager)
sorry tebsu, i can not save text "input" on GNU nano, can u help me,what should gnu nano version to install?
my gnu nano version is 2.26

thank you....

kamsiyah!!

email: jcmnerv@yahoo.com
weblog: agunginfo.wordpress.com

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Milano
ive installed sixaxis support and sixaid paired the controller and the controller works on n900 but i cant see any icon of the program ?? its correct ? i see an image where are the sixaxis support icon on the top near the clock menu