Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
has anyone successfully unblocked his number from whatsapp or i should quit trying?

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
has anyone successfully unblocked his number from whatsapp or i should quit trying?
Have you confirmed your number is NOT expired?

You can't do anything but to email WhatsApp Inc and ask them why they blocked you and if an unblock is possible.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
i can't find the .conf file. i probably moved it this morning while trying to re-register and can't find it now.

I did email them and waiting.

Thanks for your help.

In other news, I fixed the contacts synchronization but it is still not ready for a release, but you'll see a release eventually this week.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
tnx man! i know how frustrating it is to constantly have to reprogram things cuz others change their code/files every time!

loving yappari so far.. it got enough features for me.. im just glad that i got rid of all the people bugging me to use whatsapp and leave my n900 for a crappy alternative phone tnx again!!!

Last edited by master nightmare; 2013-01-15 at 05:12. Reason: spelling error

It *IS* frustrating and really tiring sometimes.

Also looks like I really "improved" the synchronization and it doesn't lag the phone anymore.

Talking about frustrating things I'll elaborate the previous sentence a little more: I have around 150 contacts. I exported my address book to the scratchbox environment (in the PC, where I develop Yappari) so I have the same contacts in my phone than in the N900 emulator in the PC.

It takes 3 MILLISECONDS to synchronize all my contacts in scratchbox, yes, all 150 contacts.

It takes around 10 SECONDS to synchronize in the phone and that's *IF* the phone survives (after 8 seconds Yappari or the whole phone used to crash).

But now the synchronization takes a couple of seconds longer but it's smoother and in my experience doesn't lag the phone anymore because now I'm giving enough CPU to the rest of the phone. I hope you'll get the same user experience I'm getting in the N900.

Like I said n times before, coding for a phone is totally different than coding for a PC, and usually you have to sacrifice "efficient coding" for something uglier but faster that doesn't bother the user with lags and delays.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
o i understand... i program freeware programs to modify windows files..

every windows update i got to rediscover what changes they made to make hex codes changes etc work again.. lol

i'm really anxious to see what you done this time.. though i don't have a clue about qt coding.. respect man!!

I also added a progress counter for the synchronization:

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ ahmedabad india
Thanks a lot ....

everyday my first task is to check for any new version.....

please update when you will launch new version......

Last seen retrieval before talking to someone will be implemented on the next relase ? Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp