I don't think the 3650 has the bluetooth service that allows other bluetooth devices to see the files on it. There might be a way through a 3rd party application, but I'm not 100% sure.
Disappointingly I can't even pair my audiovox smt5600 with the 770, I think it is because the smt5600 OS is MS mobile 2003se. Anyone elese have any ideas?

the link shows that this 3650 behaviour is known.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/content/view/67/37/

frustrating!!!

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
I have a mac (more than one, actually). Doing what you want would require the mac the behave as a bluetooth modem. While this is theorically possible, I don't think the software exists (but could be written).

Another possibility is to use wifi. Create an "ad-hock" network between the 770 and the mac and tell the mac to route packets. That should be much easier.

Originally Posted by airbillion
Disappointingly I can't even pair my audiovox smt5600 with the 770, I think it is because the smt5600 OS is MS mobile 2003se. Anyone elese have any ideas?
After gaining root and bonding from there my MPX220 finally bonded. then to get fiie transfer, i had to go to the file mnager, hit menu, send & recieve, recieve bluetooth file and transfer is functional while recieve is active. (will ask you after x amount of time if you would like to deactivate) the only thing i cant do iis use my smartphone to go online with the 770. (on a side note, i tried 2 moto vxxx phones and it says service discovery is not available. anyone able to bond to standard moto phones?)

Thanks for the info. I'll try gaining root and pairing from there. Is there a tutorial you know of on how to do that?

Originally Posted by airbillion
Thanks for the info. I'll try gaining root and pairing from there. Is there a tutorial you know of on how to do that?
Yes, there is. Any info you need can be found at www.maemo.org

here is the direct link to gain root:
http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HowDoiBecomeRoot

here is the link on how to use Bluetooth with the 770:
http://maemo.org/maemowiki/Applicati...7dd6b9c973dca8

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
While reloading my 770, I ran into a problem with paring that perhaps is somehow related. Late in the paring process, the phone says they are paired but I got the message "Service discovery failed". I simply kept pressing the "Ok" button, maybe a dozen times? Seems crazy, but worked for me.

The 5.2006.13-7 software update apparently does not have the MPX220 aka Windows Smartphone fix that was discussed on maemo.org.