I really don't know what app installed for screen rotation.
Is there any way to disable it?

The Following User Says Thank You to skate_boy92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Hopefully, status-area-orientationlock-applet should allow you to disable screen rotation.
What is uncomfortable about screen rotation? Just a curious question. I personally find it difficult to use when I am in a horizontal position, because auto-rotate assumes that user is always vertical, head-up, legs-down.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Is that the "orientation lock" menu entry that comes with cssu?

That one lets you lock landscape, but then is there a way to get rid of the "locked" icon?

The Following User Says Thank You to nman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Whoa, you want to change orientation (auto-rotation) without graphical user interface?
Fine, use gconftool-2 to directly get-set values within /apps/osso/hildon-desktop (such as orientation_lock, orientation_lock_position, ui_can_rotate). And you can uninstall status-bar-applet.
Best wishes.

Tks, it works perfectly!!!

About the question, I find it is difficult in using the front camera so I decide to turn screen rotation off.

The Following User Says Thank You to skate_boy92 For This Useful Post:
How do you use the front camera? 'Mirror' application, or something else?
If you want to turn off auto-rotation for just one application, you can add it to blacklist in transitions.ini
Best wishes.