Originally Posted by regulus View Post
I was just considering to extend my N900 storage capacity. So what is the maximum that should work normally? I thought it was 32, but on the official (?) data it says 16 GB; while here you're discussing even larger capacities.
I use a 64GB microSD card in my N900 regularly without problems. I reformatted the card to FAT32 (they are exFAT when sold). That is *currently* the only difference between SDXC and SDHC cards. From what I understand eventually they will be physically different and will not work.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by regulus View Post
I was just considering to extend my N900 storage capacity. So what is the maximum that should work normally? I thought it was 32, but on the official (?) data it says 16 GB; while here you're discussing even larger capacities.
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Accessories#Memory_Cards

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84871

When N900 was released the largest card available to test was a 16GB. However 32GB definately works and as you can see in above 64GB Sandisk has been tested and works if reformatted.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Europe
Thanks, now I know it myself too as I took a leap of faith and bought one today.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Just received mine in & formatted it successfully
119.03 GB available on the card

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
Nice! Could you post some diskmark results? I'd like to compare to the samsung 64gb..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Wow 160 gb of storage you got

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
yup

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nman View Post
Nice! Could you post some diskmark results? I'd like to compare to the samsung 64gb..
Probably, bit busy @ the moment & you'll have to give me instructions.
Don't really want to install any additional s/w to what I have now as
current set-up is rock solid... (and I'm a little short of space)

The Following User Says Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
I see flash storage as the future, alongside cloud storage. Just like I have for many years.

I was a bit bummed that SONY didn't choose to go with microSD for the PS4.
The difference between them is that microSD's can get faster and faster and get larger and larger as technology advances, unlike set-limited disks. And can have a partition that's rewritable so that it can save all your game files/save data.

And it uses less space, less battery, runs faster, runs quieter, runs cooler and adds less weight to the device. Meaning it can be used on the home console, the portable console, a tablet and even a phone. Oh did I mention that its a perfect solution for 3D games, 4K games, and Virtual Reality games?

Most BluRay disks are 20-25GBs, and there's heaps of 32GB microSD... they're even affordable.
And right now we're on 128GB and 256GB, next year we'll hit 512GB, and probably 1TB by 2016.

I'm flattered

Is there a way to measure the memory card performance directly through the n900? (random write and read speed etc)
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
And right now we're on 128GB and 256GB, next year we'll hit 512GB, and probably 1TB by 2016.
theres currently 128gb for microsdxc and 512gb sdxc, I think it will take longer for the next memory leap because it took so long for microsd card to get from 64gb to 128gb

The Following User Says Thank You to lonk For This Useful Post: