Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
@salamisami
Are you starting flasher, before attaching the N9 ?
If not, please do so (flasher -i)

Also, make sure you are using flasher version 3.12 (the harmattan flasher)
It is also possible, besides the USB cable, that either the USB port on the PC is defect, or the USB port on the N9 itself.
Try more cables, another USB port, another PC.
Thank you for your help, I am using flasher_3.12.1_amd64.deb
Yes, I started it before attaching N9.

I tried switching USB port, but no difference. Also I flashed my other N9 with the same usb cable and port just fine yesterday so it seems unlikely that the problem is with them?

Originally Posted by salamisami View Post
Thank you for your help, I am using flasher_3.12.1_amd64.deb
Yes, I started it before attaching N9.

I tried switching USB port, but no difference. Also I flashed my other N9 with the same usb cable and port just fine yesterday so it seems unlikely that the problem is with them?
Perhaps unlikely, but not impossible
It is also possible it is the USB port on the device.

Perhaps unlikely, but not impossible
It is also possible it is the USB port on the device.
That would seem more likely. I guess there's not much I can do about it, then :/

Originally Posted by salamisami View Post
That would seem more likely. I guess there's not much I can do about it, then :/
I would try another USB port, another PC, and another USB cable

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
You can also stick an adapter into the serial port of the device and see what messages it spits out in the boot
I would love that adapter!
Where to get it already assembled
The adapter you can buy off da ebay for couple of euros, something like this thing is very good, I've got several of the critters.

There's really 2 ways to access the serial port pins when debugging an N9; the quick&dirty way and the good way.

The quick&dirty way is to just hold a pinheader in place against the gold contacts under simcard tray with your hand when booting... Sounds odd but it really works
I have done it more than once, it is good for Rx only, to get a log what happens in the device.

The good way is to make an adapter, I have done that by cutting a piece of plastic card and sandwitching the gold-fingers off a broken simcard adapter between the cards with glue.
It comes out as surprisingly good contact, good for both Rx and Tx so you can log into the console.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
The adapter you can buy off da ebay for couple of euros, something like this thing is very good, I've got several of the critters.

There's really 2 ways to access the serial port pins when debugging an N9; the quick&dirty way and the good way.

The quick&dirty way is to just hold a pinheader in place against the gold contacts under simcard tray with your hand when booting... Sounds odd but it really works
I have done it more than once, it is good for Rx only, to get a log what happens in the device.

The good way is to make an adapter, I have done that by cutting a piece of plastic card and sandwitching the gold-fingers off a broken simcard adapter between the cards with glue.
It comes out as surprisingly good contact, good for both Rx and Tx so you can log into the console.
C'mon Juiceme: don't be shy and throw in some pictures!. I have one of those which I no longer use and would appreciate much to use it!

Regards.

Originally Posted by pasko View Post
C'mon Juiceme: don't be shy and throw in some pictures!. I have one of those which I no longer use and would appreciate much to use it!

Regards.
I think @juiceme should start a fundraiser, and start producing and selling

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by pasko View Post
C'mon Juiceme: don't be shy and throw in some pictures!.
BUT he already did so.
Now it is on your side ...

--
@juiceme
I think @juiceme should start a fundraiser, and start producing and selling
I am first in the queue

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
BUT he already did so.
Now it is on your side ...

--
@juiceme
I am first in the queue
Well, then I am second, and third

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
I am 4th and 5th