Posts: 40 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by Jef91 View Post
Gosh that is an ugly how to. We need to get Samba ported to Maemo 5 ASAP. Hopefully once I figure out this sandbox thing I can get it recompiled thehehe

~Jeff
I always had shares automatically available in the file manager with my n800 and n810 by using the avahi services (also makes bluetooth devices automagially browsable)
I installed avahi in the n900 but haven't had any success yet...
There are some manual tweaks that need to be done after installing avahi (e.g. renaming some files in /etc/rc2.d so that avahi gets started after dbus) -- perhaps I am forgetting some of the tweaks....
I'll play with the working n810 to see if I can figure it out...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crenquis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North West England
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
No.

I'm saying that if you share you Windows Media Player Library, and you connect to it via the 900's Media player, that all the folders and files (which will be media and picture) monitored by Windows Media player, will be available to the 900 via the 900's "File Manager".
Thanks. I worked out what I had to do. Never paid any attention to the 'share media' option in Windows Media Player. I enabled it, accepted the first authentication window, and works fine. Don't even need to have Win Media Player running or even have your PC logged in, just have the PC switched on, and N900's Media Player and File Manager finds it. Works a treat. Thanks, Ian

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
I was previously able to access my NAS drive through file manager but now i can see only through Media player...so basically i can listen to music...but i cannot copy paste or move/ delete any file.

Any SOLUTION?

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
I am accessing my NAS server through VPN. can anyone suggest how no map a shared folder and access through file manager or media player. because when i am at home network i dont need to map.

Wizard Mounter

The Following User Says Thank You to paulkoan For This Useful Post:

Tags
cifs, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, map, mount, network, network drive, network share, samba, share, smb, windows