Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
BRAVE TESTERS WANTED!

BashORGquotations is a small client for bash.org - and a QML learning project for myself.

"Welcome! Browse away to your amusement, and..." - with this words welcomes bash.org their visitors. Since more than a decade is this page collecting funny quotes from IRC, ICQ and several other chat channels.
BashORGquotations brings this fun now within a nice QML surface directly to your device. Ready to waste some time or simply to read a mixture of nerdy, pubertal or simply ingenuous conversations.

You can find it currently at Maemo Extra-Devel. Enjoy but as always at your own risk.

The usual warning applies:
The software hosted in extras-devel is not ready for normal users!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't play with it unless you really know what you are doing. Be ready to file proper bug reports instead of posting complaints.
Expected problems: crashes, battery drain, poor system performance, full disk space & more - SERIOUSLY!

Don't play with Extras-devel if you haven't backed up your data or aren't prepared to re-flash your device.
This Application is in Alpha stage. But it works so far without big problems. But still, please test it only if you know what you're doing or wait what will happen in this Thread. And don't forget to create a backup (just in case). I only want to share my little application. But I hope for a lot of positive feedback!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Is it possible to add the functionality of viewing the Russian version (bash.org.ru)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Is it possible to add the functionality of viewing the Russian version (bash.org.ru)?
Mmh... I would say yes. But it's more complicated for me because I don't understand the language and they have some advertisments between the quotations...

I have currently still some problems with the parsing of the english website. (sometimes some characters are missing, the nicknames are sometimes not correctly detected and the first quotation is always not contained in my list) - I will try to fix my parsing code and speed the whole thing up. After the code works flawless I will try to integrate the aditionally needed parts for bash.org.ru

Thanks for the hint.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Cool! I'll test and (hopefully) report. Btw: german-bash.org is also there...

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by helex View Post
Mmh... I would say yes. But it's more complicated for me because I don't understand the language and they have some advertisments between the quotations...

I have currently still some problems with the parsing of the english website. (sometimes some characters are missing, the nicknames are sometimes not correctly detected and the first quotation is always not contained in my list) - I will try to fix my parsing code and speed the whole thing up. After the code works flawless I will try to integrate the aditionally needed parts for bash.org.ru

Thanks for the hint.
Write me PM if You need some help with Russian language.
Bis gleich dann.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Cool! I'll test and (hopefully) report. Btw: german-bash.org is also there...
I'll put it on my list!

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Seems the last line / entry of a quote is cut off at the end.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Seems the last line / entry of a quote is cut off at the end.
Will get fixed in the next update.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
For some reasons, I read your thread... Quotes...

Last edited by x61; 2011-07-29 at 03:25.

Update: Version 0.1.2
  • fixed the parsing module
  • huge speed improvement (more than doubled)
  • more than 20% less memory consumtion

Enjoy!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post: