Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
- With new version I had troubles that the view isn't following my cursor. So if I write longer text over more lines, the text isn't scrolled down.

- Perhaps would be great improvement to implement support for more-pages MMS. So that I would be able to go to next page, attach another photo and text.

But I have to say, that's really great piece of software and thanks for all work done for that.

Hi frals and all,

Couple of things (v0.9.7) -

1. I've noticed if your in the list of messages and you tap on a message to open it, but tap it, say, 3 times quickly, it will open the message 3 times and you need to close (press back button) the message 3 times before you can get back to the message view. Can cause some confusion from a UI point of view.

2. What do you think about using the emoticons from /user/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/smilies/user/default.def ? The emoticons are used in Conversations, so I wonder if we can use them in fmms? Some people don't like these smilies but we can also disable them as an option (they can even disable them globally).

EDIT - related thread on this here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40324&page=3

Cheers

Last edited by jimbochou; 2010-04-21 at 05:43.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
checked ur repository yet? sinde u jusy udated either devel is disabled or removed?

updated to latest from garage site still running solid good on my n900
thank you. I hunted down the problem. seems because i had joikushop repo enabled my app manager was on the fritz. i disabled it and now i can see the apps. also i was using the espejo mirrors for the maemo repos and now it (meaning fmms) is no longer there. i had to re-establish the extras testing and extras devel repos to find it

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Well, I haven't updated since 0.6 something, so, recent may not have been a requirement.

I do note that it's not breaking down the connection sometimes though. It's only setup for a single route to the mmc host, so it probably won't mess anything up, but... shouldn't it down the connection on app close?

Overall though, great app. I'm thinking it's 1.0 time soon!

Oh, and I love the new forward functionality. Just wish it could forward all the content from the original. I often get picture/audio combo MMS, and it would be nice to be able to craft/forward such things. Happy to be able even receive them though!
Well, I can't swear but I think I haven't touched the dirchecks since like... the beginning Either way, there's a gconfkey which sets the where all the folders are located, list them with gconftool-2 -R /apps/fmms and change whatever you like - should work (not tested it for a long time but it SHOULD work )

Could you send me the log when it doesn't? It really should, at least in Havoc

So do I!

Handling multiple attachments would mean a lot of changes (when sending), so it won't happen soon, but might do in the future

Originally Posted by firstknight View Post
no wiki on the havoc,polite and rude options... anyone care to update.. I would like to know also and whats the latest build... forum runs to fast to catch the news...
Latest build is always on https://garage.maemo.org/projects/fmms. Explanation of connection modes at http://blog.frals.se/2010/04/18/fmms...lly-close-now/

If someone could put that in the wiki it be much appreciated

Originally Posted by cawe View Post
- With new version I had troubles that the view isn't following my cursor. So if I write longer text over more lines, the text isn't scrolled down.

- Perhaps would be great improvement to implement support for more-pages MMS. So that I would be able to go to next page, attach another photo and text.

But I have to say, that's really great piece of software and thanks for all work done for that.
Known issue.

Too much work to implement atm, might add it in a later version

Originally Posted by jimbochou View Post
Hi frals and all,

Couple of things (v0.9.7) -

1. I've noticed if your in the list of messages and you tap on a message to open it, but tap it, say, 3 times quickly, it will open the message 3 times and you need to close (press back button) the message 3 times before you can get back to the message view. Can cause some confusion from a UI point of view.

2. What do you think about using the emoticons from /user/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/smilies/user/default.def ? The emoticons are used in Conversations, so I wonder if we can use them in fmms? Some people don't like these smilies but we can also disable them as an option (they can even disable them globally).

EDIT - related thread on this here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40324&page=3

Cheers
Yeah... I should maybe make the view inactive or something...

2. I personally HATE those god damn smileys, but I'll see what I can do to use them - they won't be in 1.0 though.

Thanks everyone for testing, it wouldn't be this close to 1.0 without all of you!

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following User Says Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
Hey frals,

just a quick question, i installed 0.9.7 as you suggested a few pages back, but now, my internet connection defaults to "MMS" and if i go into my internet conections in settings, it wont let me select "Vodafone Internet GPRS" that it usually uses as a default (Connect Automatically). Just gives me the 'Always Ask', 'WLAN', 'MMS', 'Any connection' options. even thougfh the Voda one is in my "connections" tab

if it connects trough MMS ill incur charges (when and if it works.)

how can i reinstate my default connection?
Cheers Ross.

http://pininthemap.com/maemo
masterpin: shotgun

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
can you please add "download" attachment and "forward" option?

when mms is being send, my wifi connection get disconnected. Is this a known bug? can you make both connection stay on?

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-04-21 at 08:28.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Luleå, Sweden
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
can you please add "download" attachment and "forward" option?

when mms is being send, my wifi connection get disconnected. Is this a known bug? can you make both connection stay on?
With download, do you meen "save as". If you do, longpress on image, and choose open. Now the picture opens in image viewer, where you can use "save as" in top menu.

Forward is already in fmms (top menu while looking at an mms)

In havoc-mode, your wi-fi should stay on.(change in settings)

Hope this helps

/oxpo

Last edited by oxpo; 2010-04-21 at 08:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to oxpo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by mr_bridger View Post
Hey frals,

just a quick question, i installed 0.9.7 as you suggested a few pages back, but now, my internet connection defaults to "MMS" and if i go into my internet conections in settings, it wont let me select "Vodafone Internet GPRS" that it usually uses as a default (Connect Automatically). Just gives me the 'Always Ask', 'WLAN', 'MMS', 'Any connection' options. even thougfh the Voda one is in my "connections" tab

if it connects trough MMS ill incur charges (when and if it works.)

how can i reinstate my default connection?
Cheers Ross.
I'm doing my best to find a solution for this but so far there's been an overwhelming wall of silence how the default connection is determined. Using Havoc mode (if it works for you) would eliminate the problem. Either way this problem is on top of my list and definitely a blocker stopping me from promoting to extras.

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Last edited by frals; 2010-04-21 at 12:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
Cheers Dude, Keep up the good work!

®

http://pininthemap.com/maemo
masterpin: shotgun

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by sabgvb View Post
I can never get it to work.....Can you get me the settings for tmobile and i keep using whats on the wiki but not working.
You don't say which country's T-Mobile you're talking about.

I couldn't get it working with T-Mobile USA, then I realized what the problem was: I had defined my own DNS servers in my T-Mobile Internet access point. After I changed them to auto, it works! These are the settings I use in fMMS:

Access point name: wap.voicestream.com
Username:
Password:
Proxy: 216.155.165.50
Proxy port: 8080
MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python