Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 835 times | Joined on Feb 2013
#101
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Can this be released on official Jolla too!?
If so, we might be able to tweak a lot more stuff for Android apps
i think it is possible: remove aliendalvik, port Cyanogenmod to Jolla, put SailfishOS on top again, integrate sfdroid changes in Cyanogenmod

but if you just want to tweak stuff, aren't there some android apps which will also do the job?

Originally Posted by biketool
Is there a chance that this will work with meecolay in Maemo5?
sorry this is only for SailfishOS/libhybris devices. if you have libhybris and working android services you can make it work
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
HtheB's Avatar
Moderator | Posts: 3,459 | Thanked: 5,970 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
#102
Originally Posted by liar View Post
i think it is possible: remove aliendalvik, port Cyanogenmod to Jolla, put SailfishOS on top again, integrate sfdroid changes in Cyanogenmod

but if you just want to tweak stuff, aren't there some android apps which will also do the job?
What about bluetooth connectivity?
Android Apps that rely on Bluetooth aren't working on SailfishOS
__________________
www.HtheB.com
Please donate if you think I'm doing a good job.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 835 times | Joined on Feb 2013
#103
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
What about bluetooth connectivity?
Android Apps that rely on Bluetooth aren't working on SailfishOS
do you mean bluetooth apps in aliendalvik? if they have trouble getting that to work, we will have the same or even more issues
 

The Following User Says Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 754 | Thanked: 2,655 times | Joined on Apr 2012
#104
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Is there a chance that this will work with meecolay in Maemo5?
Android uses a lot of RAM; it seems unlikely that you could run Android and Maemo in the N900's 256 MB. The Neo900, on the other hand, might be plausible.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
HtheB's Avatar
Moderator | Posts: 3,459 | Thanked: 5,970 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
#105
Originally Posted by liar View Post
do you mean bluetooth apps in aliendalvik? if they have trouble getting that to work, we will have the same or even more issues
Sailfish OS does not allow/accept bluetooth connections to the Android apps.
It's like there is no Bluetooth connectivity at all
__________________
www.HtheB.com
Please donate if you think I'm doing a good job.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Mar 2013
#106
@ liar : superb job!

does the full android system run simultaneous all the time or only when executing android apps?? i'm thinking about battery life
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frullewulle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 835 times | Joined on Feb 2013
#107
Originally Posted by frullewulle View Post
@ liar : superb job!

does the full android system run simultaneous all the time or only when executing android apps?? i'm thinking about battery life
at the moment it runs always, but this can be changed. maybe stopping the android services when the renderer isn't running and making a settings option to kill android services.
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 515 | Thanked: 938 times | Joined on Mar 2015
#108
But for now,3d part apps already work?? If I reduce to card android windows does it still go on like native apps or freeze like dalvik on Jolla?
 

The Following User Says Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 835 times | Joined on Feb 2013
#109
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
But for now,3d part apps already work?? If I reduce to card android windows does it still go on like native apps or freeze like dalvik on Jolla?
3rd party apps work yes, BluesLee installed and started kodi for example

card? do you mean homescreen? it continues to run if you had a video playing and went to homescreen it would still play the video for example. but note that currently there is only one window which renders the android system, we don't have windows for each individual app (yet)
 

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 515 | Thanked: 938 times | Joined on Mar 2015
#110
yeah i mean cover in homescreen...thats great, i dont understand why original dalvik stops if reduced in homescreen..last question. once it will be fnished i difficoult to port on other devices like fairphone? or is a way easily portable?thanks for all dude
 

The Following User Says Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
apkenv

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:26.