Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
The bastarddd wants his WP to gain fame before he lets out the N9 so basically you lot all have to wait.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
this is just ridicilous! not even the n9pilot.se will get those damn phone before oktober and it seems no one in Swedens will get the device delivered before week 44/45 no atleast what all those sellers are saying now

nokia world is end of october and seems we dont have devices in our hands by then. PERFECT.... for Microsoft!!

I soon give up for this mess. Funny iis there is no alternatives AFAIK. samsung galaxy SII will not come with NFC in sweden and there is no chance I go for Iphone5 or any WP phone.

Thanks for Klas Ström and his random guess about release in 23 sept, I guess he hadnt a clue about actual release.

I guess the official plan was release it after nokia world to make sure they kill Meego version right away when announce SeYFlop at the event.

Nokia bigggest fail ever!
Nokia probably has a good reason not to release it yet (production problems, software bugs, missing online infrastructure etc.)
I really don't believe Nokia purposely delays MeeGo because of WP. With the repositioning of MeeGo as a niche device similar to the N900, I don't think MeeGo and WP share many potential customers.

But the longer it is delayed the more difficult it is going to become for Nokia to sell the device. It is rumoured that in oktober the iPhone 5 and possibly a cheaper iPhone 4 will be released and also the Google Nexus Prime with Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
Very interesting times!

A lot of people have good reasons to prefer a device with meego/android/ios/wp/symbian/bada over other operating systems, but without ever having seen a final device running the latest updated version of the OS-es, it seems very premature to dismiss them just yet.

The fact that new devices running WP Mango, MeeGo harmattan, IOS 5, Bada OS 2.0, Android 4.0, Symbian Belle will ALL be released in in the coming few months is great for consumers!
It makes comparing the latest and greatest a bit easier, and waiting a few more weeks probably the best move if you really only want the best device available. But I suspect, that you will be very happy with any of the new devices.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
Nokia probably has a good reason not to release it yet (production problems, software bugs, missing online infrastructure etc.)
I really don't believe Nokia purposely delays MeeGo because of WP. With the repositioning of MeeGo as a niche device similar to the N900, I don't think MeeGo and WP share many potential customers.

But the longer it is delayed the more difficult it is going to become for Nokia to sell the device. It is rumoured that in oktober the iPhone 5 and possibly a cheaper iPhone 4 will be released and also the Google Nexus Prime with Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
Very interesting times!

A lot of people have good reasons to prefer a device with meego/android/ios/wp/symbian/bada over other operating systems, but without ever having seen a final device running the latest updated version of the OS-es, it seems very premature to dismiss them just yet.

The fact that new devices running WP Mango, MeeGo harmattan, IOS 5, Bada OS 2.0, Android 4.0, Symbian Belle will ALL be released in in the coming few months is great for consumers!
It makes comparing the latest and greatest a bit easier, and waiting a few more weeks probably the best move if you really only want the best device available. But I suspect, that you will be very happy with any of the new devices.
Finally a stroke of reason among conspiratorial minds on this board. N8 was delayed forever due to bug issues, and was still buggy upon release. I bet there are production or quality or simply demand issues that are causing delays. even iphone 5 has been delayed due to engineering issues

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
. even iphone 5 has been delayed due to engineering issues
O RLY I thought it just worked??

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Finally a stroke of reason among conspiratorial minds on this board. N8 was delayed forever due to bug issues, and was still buggy upon release. I bet there are production or quality or simply demand issues that are causing delays. even iphone 5 has been delayed due to engineering issues
So, it's a cockup rather than a conspiracy? Business as usual at Nokia. I thought the genius business mind of Eflop was supposed to change all this.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
O RLY I thought it just worked??
Indeed, SmallDickedGuber!

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
The bastarddd wants his WP to gain fame before he lets out the N9 so basically you lot all have to wait.
Heheh.. "you lot" again.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
even iphone 5 has been delayed due to engineering issues
How can an unannounced device be delayed? How do you even know that something as an iPhone 5 is going to happen?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
pleae change thread title to:

" N9 [Announced]: but it will never be released!"

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Its not delayed!

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????