From what i've seen so far its most probably gonna be a nokia N9 if i can get hold of it! If i cant then either samsung galaxy s 2 or iphone 5 most probably galaxy s2 out of them two! But i really do hope i can get my hands on N9 it looks amazing!

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
@MyNokiaN900: Can you give us some feedback related to the construction? I've only had it once in my hand and it seemed fragile for me.

According to your signature, you're a power user that have taken the n900 to the limit, so, your opinion I think is very valuable here.
Hi Isolano,

Yes, a power user indeed...

The build quality of the SGS2 cannot be compared to the N900, because there are no moving parts and there is a lot less hardware, but it is by no means flimsy or fragile. I can't bend it or flex it. It's thin and light and feels tough, but I guess could be perceived to be fragile. I have not dropped it yet (then again I never dropped my N900 either, since I am a careful soul). The back cover has a great paterned coating on it and doesn't make it feel slippery in the hand. The size or height is 11mm longer than the N900. it's not too long and feel great in my hands. It's roughly 6mm wider.

The screen is is just as tough as the N900 screen, and I expect it to handle in the same way. I am not one to bother about small scratches etc. Over time, with dust in pockets, and keys etc, it will get scratched.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following User Says Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
To be honest, I'm not thinking about that right now. My N900 meets my needs for the forseeable future. When the time comes to replace it, I'll examine my options and see if there is a powerful smartphone with a keyboard that meets my needs.

I'm guessing I might need to settle with Android (which is what I was going to do before the N900 came out) but I do hold out some hope that Meego can find a sponsor.

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Still intending to acquire an N9.

Otherwise... no idea, even after reading this thread.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Pune, India
my next phone.. should mostly be a one-stop communication device, Nokia N900 has made me learn many things and above all has been the best internet communication device I have ever used, the worst part I can't match anything to the Nokia N900 experience
the next phone must be atleast an other maemo 5 device, maybe Nokia N950 if I get the same learning and communication experience... or Finally some boring BB device.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
IF my N900 dies during 2011, which I'm hoping it won't (or the repositories vanish or anything else bizarre), I'm going right to a phone that makes calls and has a sim-card. As basic as a dumbphone can possibly be, and just dust off my laptop with some new distros of Ubuntu or something.

If I have to shell out over $500 for a 64GB N9 I'll just buy a laptop or tablet or something with nice new hardware.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
Huge question mark would be nice to have SGII with keyboard or maybe HTC Desire Z but I love my n900 and its amazing felxibility and makeing it tottaly as I want

N950 until it became dev only. Now it's N9 all the way.

Can't decide though, Cyan or Black?? I heard black looks amazing.

Originally Posted by Radu View Post
How about this?
http://www.gsmarena.com/fujitsu_loox...-news-2651.php

Quite expensive now, but I am sure the prices will drop next year. If it gets in the 600 USD price range, I'll buy it.
if it runs w7, maybe it would be possible to install MeeGo on it ?!?
basically, that's where Intel would like to go, no?

I am sure this one will be : http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i927..._s_ii-4071.php

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoss91 For This Useful Post: