Hello,
I searched the threads but could not find anything matching what I am experiencing. Hitting the power button, plugging in the charger, plugging in the usb all produce no result.

Removing the battery and connecting the charger briefly displays the "charging light"

Previously the phone was in my pocket around 90% charge. A few days ago I had a weird error. The power level went red (it should have been around 15% based on recognizing my usage levels mentally without checking the battery level display anyway...) I hooked it up to the charger until the display light went green. The red power level and beep were still there so I rebooted and everything was fine.

There doesn't appear to be any trauma to the N900 so I don't know if the N900 hardware failed or if I simply need a new battery.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
trying another battery wont hurt as it is a powering on and charging problem

Good luck
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

hai ther i think iam also having some wat likethe same with my n900...for me when i hit the power button the screen comes with the name NOKIA but just after that device will shuts down and will try to restart again but the same is happening againa n again.
well did u find any solution for this? help me if u can.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by robinmats View Post
hai ther i think iam also having some wat likethe same with my n900...for me when i hit the power button the screen comes with the name NOKIA but just after that device will shuts down and will try to restart again but the same is happening againa n again.
well did u find any solution for this? help me if u can.
Have you tried flashing your Nokia N900? It is a bit drastic, but you never know. Link: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...ng_your_device
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

for flashing the device has to be switched on right, but here my device is not getting on..........

Malfunction...device will shut down in 10 sec. this is shown sometimes on start up and the device goes down......... plz help.....

Last edited by robinmats; 2012-08-02 at 05:56.

Right now my device is at a repair shop (vacation outside USA.) They found that my battery is fine. So its the device.

Last time I had a problem with my phone, Nokia recommended a 3rd party in the states. So if the repair shop fails, I'll mail it to the 3rd party after my vacation.

Finding a repair facility is difficult because most shops can only perform simple things like glass repairs. Its easier to just get a new device. But when you have something unique, well there is a price to pay.

Funny thing is I actually tracked down a Nokia care facility overseas. Ha Ha what a joke. I was "helping" the tech performing more troubleshooting then they wanted to. Even if they "found" what was wrong, they had no parts. All they really wanted me to do was get a garbage Microsoft phone.