Posts: 58 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
I really don't know if this is the right place, but I'm quite unsure of how to get ahold of Dirk. I left a comment on kickstarter about a month ago, but haven't gotten a reply. Other means had the same result, but I'm guessing I should have come to this forums earlier.

I noticed at some point after the kickstarter campaign had reached its goal, that there's a mention of no tracking number for TOHKDB's shipping.

Due to extremely restrictive customs regulations in Argentina, I need a tracking number. I will not receive the package if it does not have one (I may be discarded or returned, I honestly don't know what happens to them).

How can I go about getting a package with a tracking number? I wouldn't mind the extra cost (it's only fair that I pay it), but otherwise, it's just money down the drain for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to hobarrera For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by hobarrera View Post
I really don't know if this is the right place, but I'm quite unsure of how to get ahold of Dirk. I left a comment on kickstarter about a month ago, but haven't gotten a reply. Other means had the same result, but I'm guessing I should have come to this forums earlier.
Have you even cared to READ the updates he left on the kickstarter page?!....

even if you didn't, just reading a few post before, you could have also seen that you should just email him or joining the IRC for all kinds of issues.....

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Have you even cared to READ the updates he left on the kickstarter page?!....

even if you didn't, just reading a few post before, you could have also seen that you should just email him or joining the IRC for all kinds of issues.....
I didn't mean to say I never got a reply in a negative tone, I actually meant that I honestly did not know how to reach him. I still don't know why I never got any reply for the comment though.

An nope, I haven't read what you mention on kickstarter. I found kickstarter's website UI extremely confusing to get around after pledging, and all I could accomplish was to post a comment there.

Even now, I've failed to find what you're talking about. There's no mention of any email or IRC here, that's for sure.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I didn't mean to say I never got a reply in a negative tone, I actually meant that I honestly did not know how to reach him. I still don't know why I never got any reply for the comment though.

An nope, I haven't read what you mention on kickstarter. I found kickstarter's website UI extremely confusing to get around after pledging, and all I could accomplish was to post a comment there.

Even now, I've failed to find what you're talking about. There's no mention of any email or IRC here, that's for sure.
You really would like me to bitch slap you don't you?
The very same link that you even provided, has the message on it that I told you!!

Click on the last update that Dirk posted... and read it please...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Well he is easy enough to get a hold of, I just hate idly lurking in IRC - figured this was the best place for asking more general questions.

Due to extremely restrictive customs regulations in Argentina, I need a tracking number. I will not receive the package if it does not have one (I may be discarded or returned, I honestly don't know what happens to them).

How can I go about getting a package with a tracking number? I wouldn't mind the extra cost (it's only fair that I pay it), but otherwise, it's just money down the drain for me.
The Orders Sheet more or less addresses this (except when people keep messing with it...)

Anhyoo, Cell B633 under #Sent Orders:

Keyboards that are sent to places far away from Holland or with unreliable postal service or with quality of postal service unknown to me are longer in purgatory because I send them with more fancy insured shipping but i work very long every day to maximize production, so the postal office is already closed everyday when i get home. These stay in purgatory untill the weekend when I have my free time which I fill with fixing stuff for TOHKBD like going to the postal office.
So don't worry, I bet he knows about your order - you'll just have to wait a bit whilst he finishes juggling a thousand other chickens.

My question is: specifically how many chickens on a weekly basis? And are the chickens grouped by their barcodes/country codes/colour? When's my damn chicken gonna hatch (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Last edited by tetris11_; 2015-06-25 at 07:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
I found kickstarter's website UI extremely confusing
Same here, if you post a comment on Kickstarer, I get zero notification of that.

There's no mention of any email or IRC here, that's for sure.
Except for the last update, where is says:

And the update before it, where it says:

Anyhowz, I got your message and replied to it.

For further questions, do not hesitate to email me at info@funkyotherhalf or join the IRC channel

Last edited by dirkvl; 2015-06-25 at 10:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
For further questions, do not hesitate to email me at info@funkyotherhalf or join the IRC channel
You should put that with red letters on your first post, and also add in the title of the thread: "READ THE FIRST POST!"

Edit: Mine arrived just a few seconds ago!
Woohoo!

Last edited by HtheB; 2015-06-25 at 11:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
hey, sorry Kimo, but my azerty keyboard is configured on qwerty keyboard
and virtual keyboard always pops up :/
already tried your beta and harbour version, need help for using awsome kybd
Try 0.3.1 from mer-obs, it has experimental and partial support for layout change for AZERTY and QWERTZ and Scandic, through settings application. No É or such yet, but M is moved in that strange place.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Anyhowz, I got your message and replied to it.
Originally Posted by tetris11_ View Post
My question is: specifically how many chickens on a weekly basis? And are the chickens grouped by their barcodes/country codes/colour? When's my damn chicken gonna hatch (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I suspect many people are waiting for the answer to these questions. . .

There are a supposed total of 1432 TOHKBD ordered. Supposedly there have been 631 orders (some people may have ordered more than 1 TOHKBD under one order number. I know I did.) that have been assembled and are either about to be shipped, are shipped, or have been received.

I think the main question of people is when are they going to get theirs? The lack of information about the process beyond that the Scandic layouts arrived first and thus would be assembled first (which also makes sense so that the folks at Jolla can get their hands on TOHKBD first for the software integration and testing) is the biggest issue people are facing:

Why do some later backers get their TOHKBD's before those that backed earlier?

For example, my order number has some 440-some orders that seem to have been assembled and/or shipped before it, even though my order number comes before them. Why?

So orders are obviously not fulfilled in a first-in-first-out basis.

Is the assembly by type of keyboard? It does not seem like it, because there are a variety of different layouts that have been assembled and/or shipped, including the layout I requested.

Is the assembly by higher paying individuals first? It does not seem like it because in that case those that ordered more TOHKBD's would be served before that ordered only one, and that isn't the case.

Is the assembly by country of destination? Difficult to tell. Most reports indicate that people in EU-EEA countries are receiving their TOHKBD's, so maybe EU-EEA first, then the rest of the world? In any case, I am in the EU, so maybe assembly is not by destination.

Research suggests that people are ok with delays and waiting if they know about how long they have to wait and why. Most people realize that things are not perfect, but they do expect to be treated justly.
In this case, letting people know what determines who's order gets processed when would go a long way in reducing both questions and possible tension. Like flipping tables.

Yeah, yeah, it's a crowdfunded project, etc, etc. But Dirk's outfit is not some fly-by-night manufacturing joint where things are assembled on the knee. It is run under a real company, with a real VAT and everything, and celebrating a decade of existence today (by the way, happy tenth anniversary of your parent company, Dirk!), so there is no real reason that just a little bit of time could not be spent on customer relations.

Yes, I asked you this in the IRC channel. You told me you are going to bed and signed off.

The Following User Says Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:
Luckily all my buttons works just fine

But I have some other complains about the design of the keyboard.

I've added a picture at the end of this post, so you can see what the numbers are referring to.

1 - Whats wrong with the color of the left curly bracket "{"? Shouldn't that be blue?
2 - While the question mark "?" and the exclamation mark "!" are 'sym' buttons, they don't actually work when using the sym button... However, They do work when you do not press the sym button...
3 - the plus sign "+" is just the opposite, it doesn't do anything when pressing the plus sign, but you need to press the sym button.
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/z...ce-meme-i9.jpg
4 - pressing the parentheses "(" and ")" gives ";" and " ' ".
5 - I see that there is a hole for some indicator, what exactly is this made for?

besides 1, everything could be fixed with a software update

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd