Poll: Buy n900 again?
Poll Options
Buy n900 again?

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Denmark
way to many bugs, I would go droid x or similar high end android phone with full qwerty.
The weird issue where something makes the cpu go to 100% and almost all ram is in use while the phone should be on idle is just too much. Nokia needs to fix this or DJ Steve needs to complete his android port to n900 with success.
The inability to support mms natively (no the mms client while good is not integrated fully into the OS), to fail to support google calendar, mails and tasks is a joke. The media player is powerfull but the controls are awful.

Just to many issues, many of them easy to remedy, but not likely...

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Orlando, FL
I think I would cry a bit if I dropped my N900 in the toilet. I don't know of any other device that could do everything the N900 can do that's available for TMO US. There are many rumoured devices coming this upcoming holiday season which might be able to, but for now there is nothing. I love my device dearly, and have been happy with it for the last 8 months, but I think I would use my old sidekick LX until the new devices hit the market. Sadly, I think my answer would be no, I would not buy another N900.

Yes, definitively. The N900 is something I actually need, it is not a toy.

Until something similar comes out, likely again from Nokia, there is no viable alternative in the market, for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to vmajor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
It's starting to be yesterday's news already, so no. I've already had mine far longer than I usually own my phones... 7 months, almost 8!

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
I'm having a love-hate relationship with the N900.

I loved it the first 2 months. Then got pissed off the next 3 at Nokia for being late at getting PR1.2 out and the lack of software.

I'm still pissed at Nokia, but am falling back into loving the N900. I've been sitting at home editing pictures, arranging my passwords/cards and other information into the Wallet app. Arranging items in Sygic Maps and just in general goofing off with the phone. Printing by Cups and saving as PDF in Firefox, connecting to my networked DroboFS and to the office's network servers. "Scanning" through the picture-scan program that's available etc.

Quite nice.

I've got a 3 year warranty on my device, so they'd supply me with another one. So I guess I'd get another one, otherwise I don't know.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Queens, NY
Hell yeah I would!!!

---
Who but me?!
--HeavyC.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Yes, I would buy another one immediately. After 4-5, its growing on me, and I am discovering more and more uses for it.

I am not a developer or unix dork.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Philly USA
No,as much as I like it I usually only use a device for 6 to 8 months or so. I waiting to pick up the samsung galaxy s tomorrow. The is an awesome device,one of my favorite,but if ot broke,couldnt see myself buying it again.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Not sure. I might just get a cheap phone and wait for next-gen mobile phones end of year or next year.
or might just get a Samsung Galaxy S as I use my phone as a video player heavily and N900 falls behind in this area.

I love it so much.
But because I am ****-poor, I would have to do horrible horrible things to buy another one (which would definitely be worth it).

The Following User Says Thank You to raven For This Useful Post:

Tags
fanboys' heaven, n900 sh*t smell, take one from a, tmo troll cheap