Hi peoples,

since my n900 micro usb port are completely broken with all connectors from 'pcb' i cant charge or connect it through usb cable to my PC.

so i cant UPDATE it,, tried to update via WIFI, no luck, cause it asks for PC SUITE and USB CABLE connection.

Than i thought, maybe there is a safe way to update my firmware through MICRO SD card? like some android or Windows mobile phones?

Last edited by dainius87; 2011-12-30 at 15:35.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Have you actually tried connecting via WIFI and then using Putty? (Command driven)?

http://www.mynokian900.com/2011/05/h...fi#comment-650
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following User Says Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
ok, now im connected to my n900 via wifi, so what commands, what to type in putty to get started Firmware Update?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
No it's not, because update has to be triggered from nolo (NOkia LOader; =bootloader) in almost-offline mode. I dunno if maybe pali's recovery console allows it after loading everything into RAM and then dismounting rootfs etc, but don't bet on it.

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
are you looking to reflash the phone or are you attempting to update to a diff pr eg. pr1.3.1

i just want to update to newer firmware, now i have 10.2010.19-1

and the latest on Nokia site is showing 20.2010.36.2

so im looking for a way to update it since my usb port is completely damaged.

if there is no other way, than i maybe buy a Flash cable and update firmware via BOX,, since i have one.

but postage is to expensive. cable cost about 3 pounds and postage 8 pounds.. so its to much.

any more suggestions ?

i dont even know witch PR i have.

I have always been able to update via hildon application manager ...it shows up as maemo update blah blah blah ..try opening ham->install and search for maemo(just start typing) it should be there in the list.

You could alternatively use cssu and that will update it to the latests ver 21.2011.38-1

Most importantly, should have said this right off the bat, install backup menu, much like obi-wan this will be your only hope should you have a problem now or in the future.

As soon as it is installed shut the device down then start it with the keyboard open, you will get a simple menu. Make a backup of your system (rootfs and opt) save it to your sd card and then at some point back it up on your home computer.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
I have always been able to update via hildon application manager ...it shows up as maemo update blah blah blah ..try opening ham->install and search for maemo(just start typing) it should be there in the list.

You could alternatively use cssu and that will update it to the latests ver 21.2011.38-1
Sorry, I misunderstood dainius87. You right though about the update appearing in Hildon Application Manager. I've just updated mine to the latest version and it came from the HAM. It was 26.7MB and was a simple upgrade.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

ok, i downloaded and instaled Faster Application manager,, cant find any maemo updates with it.

in regular Application manager, i find Maemo update to latest Official nokia firmware.. but it asks me for usb cable and pc suita.

and the last thing is CSSU,, (error: unable to finf=d any configuration file. exiting) than installed SSU Community thing..

ok, after installing it, my regular APPLICATION MANAGER find newer firmware than official in nokia.com

it is: "Maemo 5 Community SSU Package 21.2011.38-1Smaemo1" and it is 25.8MB, when i press UPDATE,,

it again asks me for USB cable like this:

"To update your device to this version of the operating system you must use Nokia PC Suite on your PC.
Connect the device to your PC via USB cable and launch the application."

cant do anything :/

Last edited by dainius87; 2011-12-30 at 11:33.