Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Package Update: NITDroid Installer 0.2.8-8

Changelog:
# Added extra interactivity, (more user control)
# Installer will not automatically close if failure occurs
# Added NITDroid-Universal-Uninstaller 0.1

About: NITDroid-Universal-Uninstaller:
NITDroid-Universal-Uninstaller is a one-tap utility to remove and unistall any NITDroid build and kernel -safely- Package tested and fully-works, I will release it as a separate package also later.

NOTE: After installing the new package, you will have 2 icons in your app menu, NITDroid-Installe and the Un-Installer.

Download: http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php...1&d=1316433673

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by toxicated View Post
so by this do u mean flash the firmware----vanilla emmc-----custom image???

thrice?

cuz i have been unable to install nitdroid bcuz i only flashed the firmware and den directly the custom 5 gb part....

advice?
Just reflash as you do normally, but use the custom eMMC image instead of the normal one!
Firmware --> Custom Image directly without rebooting your phone

Originally Posted by luh3418 View Post
I download and installed the installer but had not seen this post re repositories d'oh My Bad and ran installer. It ran fine but for obvious reasons did not install nitdroid. I then added the repositories and ran the installer and it crashes out. I then purgef the installer but it is still in apps and crashes when I run it. I tried to reinstall the installer into the maemo apps manager but it does not install it.

I guess I need to clean the system of all installs and start from scratch but apt-get purge nitdroid-installer does not purge nitdroid.

Is there a fix here?
So very close !
Thanks
That's because after you ran the installer the first time, /and was created. You cannot run the installer seconf time if /and is there. Just remove it via the new uninstaller, then run the installer again. (Don't forget the repos)

Originally Posted by luh3418 View Post
I uninstalled nitdroid following the info here http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?...sg4651#msg4651

It uninstalled aok.

Then I tried reinstalling and the installer crashed. I have all the repositories as required and connected to wifi. Looks like I will have to reflash and try again unless anyone has any suggestions.
That's a very wrong way of un-installing, the instructions here were to uninstall NITDroid from your memory card, just stick to the Un-installer app.

Originally Posted by toxicated View Post
Nope still no luck ran the installer...but when repbooted no multi-boot jus meamo
That's because you probably don't have extras-devel and testing repositories on.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
sir amyt.. in my case always reflashing because of kernel panic.. nitdroid hates me

OK So, let me get this straight, a one-tap installer/un-installer utility, and people here are screaming absolutely silly questions?
I thought I would stop giving detailed instructions once a one-tap auto-installer is here, but looks that we'll get back to the old fashioned way, that's how I started this thread in the first place.

1. Make sure that you have Extras, Extras-testing, Extras-devel repositories enabled.
2. Make sure that you don't have directory /and from past installation attempts/installations. If you do so proceed to step 6.
3. Copy NITDroid-Installer_0.2.8-8.deb to your N900, open your N900's file manager, navigate to where you put the NITDroid-Installer file.
4. Tap on the installer file, app. manager should launch, accept and continue to install.
5. You should have now two icons on your apps list.
6. If you have directory /and existing, launch the Un-Installer first, if you don't, ignore this step.
7. Launch the installer, you will figure out you're way from there.

To reflash a custom eMMC:
1. Download the custom eMMC file: http://www.mediafire.com/?5o1hkuuwhn8hh1c
2. Rename it to emmc.bin, and copy it to C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5\
3. Make sure you also have your firmware bin file in that location too, for simplicity, rename it to fiasco
4. You should have 2 big bin files now in C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5\ fiasco.bin and emmc.bin
5. Click on Start on the search bar, type Maemo
6. You should see Maemo Flasher 3.5 with a cmd icon, run it.
7. Copy this command and paste it in the cmd window:
flasher-3.5 -F fiasco.bin -f
8. Hit Enter/Return and wait for completion
9. After it completes, copy this command and paste it in the cmd window:
flasher-3.5 -F emmc.bin -f -R
10. After it completes, your N900 should reboot, if it does, your alrighty super-duper, if it doesn't, paint it red and use it as a brick.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dignified View Post
sir amyt.. in my case always reflashing because of kernel panic.. nitdroid hates me
I hate you too, even more than my hate to Comet Elenin.
Don't you understand English? I have flooded you with answers! Why don't you try anything? Do you want me to come over your place and install it for you? Maybe some pole-dancing in your place too?

Reflash with the instructions above - a real reflash, then do the instructions above. If it doesn't work, then sorry, you're dumb, and shouldn't be trying NITDroid in the first place.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
That's because you probably don't have extras-devel and testing repositories on.

nope...my extras,testing and devel are alwayz enabled..

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
I hate you too, even more than my hate to Comet Elenin.
Don't you understand English? I have flooded you with answers! Why don't you try anything? Do you want me to come over your place and install it for you? Maybe some pole-dancing in your place too?

Reflash with the instructions above - a real reflash, then do the instructions above. If it doesn't work, then sorry, you're dumb, and shouldn't be trying NITDroid in the first place.
ahaha... ..

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid