Notices

Originally Posted by ade View Post
I must admit I have never used the tasks and notes in the Fremantle calendar app.
Neither have I, which is one of the reasons I wrote this.
As far as I understand Fremantle (calendar) tasks cannot be synced with for example google tasks (although you do mention syncevolution in your opening post). That would be a mayor drawback for me.
Using an intermediary service such as memotoo may work for syncing Google tasks. Implementing sync myself is not my goal as others have done the work already.
http://askubuntu.com/questions/12280...with-evolution
As reinob mentioned in the previous post, I think a lot of people would like to see an open source replacement for the current calender application.
It would be even better if Nokia just open source the calendar frontend.

I for instance would very much welcome portrait mode support.
I wonder if you can force the calendar to rotate with the CSSU? Has anybody tried this? I'll implement portrait in maecaltasks in a feature update after the competition.

But I realize that is a bigger project then your current one.
Yeah, implementing a full calendar app would be tough. Plus, I actually like the one already there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Cambridge MA
Just wanted to add thanks and show some love for your project, this app is totally needed. Installed, will report bugs if find any. Can't wait for the alarm functionality.

Originally Posted by plaka666 View Post
Just wanted to add thanks and show some love for your project, this app is totally needed. Installed, will report bugs if find any. Can't wait for the alarm functionality.
Thanks for your support. I hope to continue to improve as long as there is interest.

The Following User Says Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Another +1 thanks a lot (and of course you got my vote on the competition).

I was used to the PIM on my symbian 5800XM, but never really liked maemo's task system. Now I can finally use it

<Subliminary suggestion about calendar app goes here >

The Following User Says Thank You to [Knuckles] For This Useful Post:
Here's the roadmap for the next minor version.

0.1.x

- rotation
- alarms
- no due date (year=2037), due today buttons
- expose location field
- minor UI enhancements

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
I need some feedback. I'm implementing rotation and want to use my own styled buttons for dialog boxes.

I have a mock-up of different styles.

I kind of like the red button for delete operations. I'm not sure if I like the PushButton or the Save button style for save operations. I styled the Save button like the out-of-the-box dialog button (grabbing a border color from the active palette that seems to be closest).

Thoughts?

qt-palette by brander snaxe, on Flickr

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
taste differs... i personaly like the save button over the push button and over the delete button. i think this mainly resides on the fact that the save button is mostly stock maemo like, if you know what i mean. i am familiar with this kind of layout and i would favour it for a usability application like maecaltask is.
just my2cents

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raily For This Useful Post:
thanks for the feedback. I'll try to stick with a look as close to stock as I can (or make it configurable). I may just do black to white subtle gradients. The reason I'm doing this with regular QPushButtons is that I could not get the buttons in the QButtonBox to stretch horizontally the way I want in portrait.

How is this? An improvement?

qt-palette-2 by brander snaxe, on Flickr

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
I also favour something closer to stock Maemo look, on a purely aesthetic basis. It means that the app reflects the user's chosen theme/look/feel over the app developer's.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post: