Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. I've been using the Jolla phone for a couple of weeks with no problem. This morning I double tapped my screen and wrong time appeared. It looks like it is 10 hours behind. Any ideas why?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
You're on a plane?

Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
You're on a plane?
No. Also, I don't have have a sim card yet. Just use it with wifi. Could that be related? A few minutes ago I tried to go to settings and it would not open. That is also strange. Have rebooted and the time appears to have advanced about 15-20 minutes. Strange again! But settings now works and I have reset the time.

EDIT: I'm wondering if I had mistakenly entered the time when I had originally set it, confusing the 24 hour clock with 12 hour one. Although that doesn't explain why settings application wouldn't work or why the clock suddenly advanced about 20 minutes for no reason.

Last edited by mscion; 2014-04-28 at 12:57.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Is you device set to sync to a NTP server?
Maybe your issue is caused by failing time-synchronisation...

Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
Is you device set to sync to a NTP server?
Maybe your issue is caused by failing time-synchronisation...
Well, it is not something I knowingly set up. Is this an option in settings?
I just noticed in settings that my "automatic update" was not on. Should I leave it on? Also, another thing that seems strange to me is that I cannot power off if I'm on the screen with the time. It only goes black. I have to go to the screen with the four icons on the bottom, or, the screen with all the apps showing. To power down. Is this what should happen? Seems odd that I cannot power down from any screen. As an aside, Do these screens have particular names, like home screen or app drawer on android?