Active Topics

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
changed my FB username to leetut73
signed in, signed out on pc
set n900 to, username: leetut73@chat.facebook.com
not working
says username or password incorrect?
does anyone have a fix for this yet, apart from pidgin?

edit:
now it works?
hope this dont happen everytime i reboot phone!

edit2:
ovi keeps going off now, every 30secs i get 'unable to connect to 1 or more accounts' banner
its the ovimail account thats doing it
typical that a nokia account is not working properly on a nokia device!
oh well ill remove that one, it was a peice of crap anyway, i dont even know anyone with an ovi im account anyway, their loss

Last edited by leetut; 2010-05-26 at 08:33.

@ Leetut.

Once you've logged out and in again, try clicking on your profile and you should have a URL like so:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/paulgarner1981

Where the last bit is your username. Until the URL had switched to display the username it wasn't working.

The facebook chat server take time when the username is created.. so I think we need to be paitent while creating the Chat Account on N900. This is really a nice feature as I am able to use the same ..

To create the username we have to log in via browser to Facebook and then we have to go to Account Setting it is in the right hand corner ..

Chetan

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki
ok, i got the chat finally working. now facebook put all my friends from facebook to my contacts, which is like trillions... and if i try to remove them from my contacts it says "deleting this contact will also remove it from facebook". wtf.. now i cant find the people who matter from random ppl i might know ^^ aaaargh

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
Didn't work at first, I already had my username set up.

After log out it worked. Seems to be the thing to do.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England, UK
I used it as soon as my device was updated. I had also been using the Jabber work around before. Can't see why it hasn't worked for some people, most likely to be a facebook server outage or a sudden serge of users!!

N900 Owner Since: April 1st, 2010.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Granada, Spain
Originally Posted by pjs View Post
contact merging is sadly manual.
At least you only appear to have to do it once, rather than every time you reconnected with the Extra Protocols implementation...

Originally Posted by Naughty View Post
ok, i got the chat finally working. now facebook put all my friends from facebook to my contacts, which is like trillions... and if i try to remove them from my contacts it says "deleting this contact will also remove it from facebook". wtf.. now i cant find the people who matter from random ppl i might know ^^ aaaargh
You can get around this by disabling facebook chat via the account tab in 'Conversations' when not using fb chat, this removes all facebook contacts, once re-enabled it then re adds them.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by edmac316; 2010-05-26 at 16:19. Reason: Bit more info.

The Following User Says Thank You to edmac316 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ireland
+1 for logging out and back in online first to get it running on N900.

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California, USA
Originally Posted by Naughty View Post
Does that happen every time??

'Keep your friend close and your enemies closer.'