Active Topics

in the demos it was possible mate , i saw video clips of them opening a contact and then navigating to them via maps so if it isnt possible now id hope it was in the future

ill see what i can dig up

to load maps up , use map loader i think it works with the n900 , download map loader from nokia ,install it onto pc etc , connect phone in pc suite mode , try to use map loader :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to buxz777 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by buxz777 View Post
in the demos it was possible mate , i saw video clips of them opening a contact and then navigating to them via maps so if it isnt possible now id hope it was in the future

ill see what i can dig up

to load maps up , use map loader i think it works with the n900 , download map loader from nokia ,install it onto pc etc , connect phone in pc suite mode , try to use map loader :-)
... thank you! ... will give it a go tomorrow ... actually, may need to find some wifi before tryin to download a shed load of maps ... but I shall hopefully try it sometime this week!

... t'would definitely be good if you could use contact addresses with ovi maps ... seems really silly not to be able to ... I think a number of features were ditched between the demos and the release of the n900 ... I notice in the video demo on the phone it suggests you should be able to navigate away from a video in the media player while it's still playing to get to the multitasking page ... which I certainly can't do on my n900 ... aaah well! ... not complaining too much, I really do love my n900!

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by EmmaGx View Post
...I notice in the video demo on the phone it suggests you should be able to navigate away from a video in the media player while it's still playing to get to the multitasking page ... which I certainly can't do on my n900 ... aaah well! ... not complaining too much, I really do love my n900!
in my taskmanager if i have say liquid flow running and i open the taskmanager , liquid flow is still moving around like it was in full screen it looks awesome , taskamanger open with the apps running in the background

i havent tryed it with movies yet , maybe they decided pausing the video when taskmanager was open woould be better so you didnt miss any of the film , program etc :-) if it carried on playing you may misss something important while you flick through the taskmanager :-)

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
I am quite happy with the updates to the Ovi Maps program.

But still I can not do the following:
<snip>
- Save addresses onto the phone
Might I direct you to the Brainstorm in my sig? Have a look, see if any of the suggestions meet what you're after and, if ot, add one of your own,

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

hello guys.!
just a query, does it need an internet connection once to connect to gps/.?
cant the gps connect without internet.!??

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by somekeystrokes View Post
hello guys.!
just a query, does it need an internet connection once to connect to gps/.?
cant the gps connect without internet.!??
you needed the internet connection to download the maps before the update.

if you download the maps on your pc and transfered it to your phone (see the "step by step" guide mentioned above) you can use the maps offline on your phone.

no internet connection required. just gps.

LOL! I still haven't tried liquid flow ... should give it a go one day I'm in need of entertainment!

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by buxz777 View Post
5 hours gps use from a battery rated at just over 1300mah with a screen that is 3.5" and being run by a 600mhz omap3 is pretty dam good if you ask me
I have not thought about it this way, you are totally correct. I keep on thinking this is a pda, and it HAS to last at least 1 day to be called a pda, so one plug it in when home at night. That was what I am thinking with the N900. If you compare to a dedicated stand alone gps, you are right, the gps I have barely last 3 - 4 hr when NOT plug in. The bottom line, I can always plug it in the car. I just want to stress the battery and see how it goes - continuous use, no wifi/video/audio, only gps/eCoach - 5 solid hours, and it is called good. From this, if it can cut down on the brightness, say the built-in night mode, you should gain another 30 min or so. PR1.1, nice upgrade, Nokia.

bun

Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
Might I direct you to the Brainstorm in my sig? Have a look, see if any of the suggestions meet what you're after and, if ot, add one of your own,
... oooh, liking the brainstorm ideas ... I was just after a simple able to select address destination from contact card (either through maps, or from the contact card) but some of your suggestions sound really nifty!

Tags
gps, ovi maps, phone, poi, traveling