Active Topics

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
As carves1 pointed out, you need to type exactly as the file name, and case matters. I always list out the file first for checking.
this will list the file, so one can just type in the file name correctly.
Well, you can use tab filename autocompletion (start to type file or folder name and press TAB key once to fill the rest or twice to see possible suggestions) but maybe that counts as cheating?

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Well, you can use tab filename autocompletion (start to type file or folder name and press TAB key once to fill the rest or twice to see possible suggestions) but maybe that counts as cheating?
Thanks. fanoush, you have so much to offer, I just pick up another trick.

BTW, I seldom type things anymore, I have been using emelfm2 for almost everything, point and click.

bun

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
As carves1 pointed out, you need to type exactly as the file name, and case matters. I always list out the file first for checking.

xterm
cd (to whatever directory you are)
ls
this will list the file, so one can just type in the file name correctly.

bun
ls
ls -l

both did not seem to work.

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
ya know I should remember that....

I will attempt later tonight or if nothing else, it is a Friday Project.
BTW when you are taking a CD from a a drive as it closes, it will render an install disk as a coaster after it puts a nice gouge in one side.....Thankfully I had another Ubuntu 8.04 disk....

Anyone tried to install OS2006 on the 8gb microSD card? I don't know if I can just follow the instructions on installing the os on the mmc card. Thanks!