Notices

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
I'd like to have weather/sms/email/calendar on my slide to unlock screen, so I can view important info without having to even unlock first.

Is this possible? Any devs out there think this is a good idea?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I think this is a good idea.

I also think it should be possible to change the background and probably to add some "Please return to this person" type details on there.

Worth a enhancement bug IMHO.

The Following User Says Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
OKay so two people are interested, whats the next step? I can do any design necessary.

I am super interested. It's a great idea and i'm not sure why it was left out in the first place.

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by lardman View Post

I also think it should be possible to change the background and probably to add some "Please return to this person" type details on there.

I think the background should be reported as a bug. Since it does not change when background is changed it's almost awful. :9

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Sounds technically complex, so I think this is better suited as a maemo.org Brainstorm ticket instead of an enhancement request in bugs.maemo.org.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by lardman View Post

Like https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=793 ? :-)
Feel free to vote by clicking "Vote for this bug"...

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
That's only one feature of what the OP was saying, the ability to show the weather/clock/etc on the unlock screen would also be useful.

Okay so should I enter this in brainstorm? I'll take a look in a bit.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
I'm +1 for this, definitely.

There was some related talk in another thread a while back, some similar requests and discussion mixed with other stuff. I posted this suggestion there (screensaver type application). Just for reference.