Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Ah... never thought of it that way.

So far, I'm keeping Microb w/ Flash on and Opera when I need just to quickly surf.

I like having a simple text file for quick reference. Yellow notes was not very effective as a real text editor. So I added the following command to persona-menu and personal-launcher:

leafpad /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/todo.txt

Now every time I press on that button, a file called 'todo' in the documents folder opens up in leafpad.

The Following User Says Thank You to giladmttw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Arora web browser
.deb http://old.n8xx.com/uploads.php?file...10.0_armel.deb

Last edited by Kroll; 2010-05-15 at 11:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
One note: it appears as if Slidelock (mentioned here) conflicts with Sliderotate. So if you're planning on using both just be careful and maybe do a backup.
If, on the other hand you're already using both successfully I'd love to hear from you as I have not been able to use them both.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

I haven't been able to find Autoscan in the app catalog or elsewhere. Is it N810 specific? (I have an N800.)

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by mcow View Post
I haven't been able to find Autoscan in the app catalog or elsewhere. Is it N810 specific? (I have an N800.)
I would think it would run fine on N800.

Here is their homepage: http://autoscan-network.com/
Here is the garage entry: https://garage.maemo.org/projects/autoscan/
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Oh and how could I forget to mention Quick Clip

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the quick response and for the Autoscan pointer. I don't think it's actually "in Extras"; and it's not quite as simple to run as you make it out to be. It does work as advertised; the UI could use a bit more maemo-ization.

That the available Maemo version is 1.40; I guess there's a 1.50 available for other platforms, but the program doesn't make that distinction, so it eats up screenspace to inform of an update that's not really available.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ On the wasatch front, UT USA
What a great set of enhancements for the ol' n8xx's! Telescope alone makes my tablet seem 2-3 faster and heroes 2 works flawlessly and fast! I'm going to try the community SSU tonight.

I did not see it mentioned but yet - I'm a big fan on conboy. It's a note taking app that works with tomboy's note format. It allows you to link notes in a wiki-like fashion. What I like best about it is that I can write up notes on tomboy on my pc with links and all and sync them to my tablet via ubuntu one. While I'm out and about I like to take notes and then I can sync them back from anywhere to the pc for clean up. It looks like tomboy for mac and tomboy for windows supports syncing notes to ubuntu one as well (you do not need ubuntu to use the sync notes function).

Here are some instructions for ubuntu based tomboy and conboy sync. Cheers!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to salinmooch For This Useful Post:
I'd also like to add;
a Webhttrack to the list of 'apps you might have missed for the 770/N8x0'.

I have about 4-5 sites scanned into the app and it allows me to browse the entire sites (with links being active) when I'm away from WiFi but want/need access to the information on them.

"Refreshing" site content is also pretty straightforward w/in the app.

b) I'd re-iterate Telescope as it now also contains a very nice Launcher feature!

Thanks to anyone who keep developing on OS2008.

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:

Tags
diablo, os2008