Posts: 19 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Germany / Bochum
Originally Posted by thaibill View Post
What is the proper way to start microb?

Buill
You start the internet browser like normal. You'll have an additional menu entry called "Hidden" or sth like that where you can switch browser engines and tabbed browsing behaviour.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by steckel View Post
You start the internet browser like normal. You'll have an additional menu entry called "Hidden" or sth like that where you can switch browser engines and tabbed browsing behaviour.
I own an N800 but guess there is no difference in that. But did not see the tabbed browsing set anywhere

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
so far the experience have been hit and miss...

it seems to take a long time starting the mozilla engine vs the opera engine, and is also very memory hungry!

i also suspect it to be more crash prone. it seems to die at random times on pages i have had no issues with using the opera engine.

but the most annoying part is that it totally fails to auto-activate the wlan connection. it instead keeps tossing a error message that makes it impossible to close the window and that does not tell you whats wrong.

oh, just recalled. sometimes i have also seen it fail scrolling using tap&drag (or whatever its called), instead defaulting to marking text. and no, its not a accidental double tap. i hear only a single click, and when it first happens i can lift, press, drag and still get the same effect.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Bangkok, Thailand
Originally Posted by steckel View Post
I don't see an additional menu entry. I see only the error posted in a previous message.

Bill

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
You create the symlink

Code:
sudo gainroot
cd /user/lib
ln -s libplayback-1.so.0.0.4 libplayback-1.so.0
The browser's working pretty good, but I still can't get flash to show up under "plugins" after installing the tar and creating the symlink. Under about:config, it does say flashhack=true (although about:config seems to be read only on microb). I'm still excited about the possibilities of microb!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Can I ask for simplified instructions for what's going on here? I see the earlier download, Milhouse's "download"... but I'm a bit stuck. Creating the symlink is about the only thing that makes sense to me.

Oh... and feel free to treat me like a n00b.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Can I ask for simplified instructions for what's going on here? I see the earlier download, Milhouse's "download"... but I'm a bit stuck. Creating the symlink is about the only thing that makes sense to me.

Oh... and feel free to treat me like a n00b.
I echo that if you mean getting flash to work. Actually, even creating the symlink is a bit of a mystery to me...

If anyone has got flash to work then waddya think?

Don.

Does this work on the OS 2007 on 770?

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Please consider that viewing a website in the olden days was like viewing a document.

Viewing a website nowadays is more like running a program in an interpreter. Well it *IS* usually running a program, that the *web designers wrote*. If a site crashes your browser, it could well be due to bad website *programming*.

Digg for example is a horrible browser-raper.

i too am clueless about flash, i installed the contraban from root i copyed the link comand. should i be able to view youtube videos
thanks