Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
As Quim announced here
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...3975#post73975
the new hacker adition is available

http://maemo.org/news/announcements/...189171468.html
http://www.notacloud.com/blog/?p=38

Let's use this thread for experiences with this release.

BTW, If you don't want to loose custom kernel or initfs with bootmenu and can use linux flasher, it may be good idea to extract just rootfs.jffs2 and flash it alone
Code:
flasher-3.0 -u -F SU-18_2007HACKER_4.2007.36-2_PR_F5_MR0_ARM.bin
flasher-3.0 -r rootfs.jffs2 -f

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Last edited by fanoush; 2007-09-07 at 15:58.

I guess I'll be first. The installation went great. Recovery went ok, although I didn't have a really recent backup and had to reload some stuff. But everything I downloaded and installed worked. Some didn't on the previous version.

However, backup/restore causes the 770 to reboot. It gets part way into 'Documents' and aborts. Backup/restore now works. Don't know what the difference is.

I was using Opera last night and it kept causing the 770 to reboot. Minimo worked ok, though.

Thanks,

Bob

Last edited by urban1; 2007-09-13 at 13:51.

cool

I will certainly install it this weekend.

My thanks to Quim, Carlos and other.

Kos

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Rexburg, Idaho
I just wanted to extend my thanks you to everyone, this is awesome!

Big thank you!

"Unfortunately it hasn't been possible to provide the new third party software, due to licensing constraints:
* Skype client support
* Adobe Flash browser plugin"

Without apology I ask: are there any underground hackers working on an alternate release with Skype client support and to h*** with "licensing constraints"?

Note: All I need is a No, or if Yes, a pointer to where these real hackers might be. Followups questioning my moral compass or heritage should be directed elsewhere....I suggest /dev/null but will discuss intellectual property issues on General.

While the loss of the new Flash browser plugin is regrettable, the loss of Skype isn't as much since there IS a new beta of SIP/VoIP integration available.
That is, if it's compatible with this new HE version.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Anyone wishing to try Flash 9 on the latest IT OS 2007HE can download Flash 9 from here.

To install:

Close the browser then...

Code:
sudo gainroot
wget http://nmacleod.com/nokia/n800/microb_flash-4.2007.tar.gz
tar xvzf microb_flash-4.2007.tar.gz -C /
To uninstall (and revert to Flash 7):

Close the browser then...

Code:
sudo gainroot
rm /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so
Flash 9 kind of works in youtube - the plugin is correctly detected (previously with Flash 7, youtube.com would show an error message stating that Javascript is disabled or an old version of Flash is installed) however the video is garbled (at least it is on my 770). Flash advertisments on other sites seem to work fine.

It's slated for maemo 4.0 (Chinook) which is also announced as a HE for the 770, so it's not impossible...

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa

Step by step to take a look of the new 2007He.36. Warning, you are going to lose every installed sw and ALL your data on the 770. This is NOT the recommend way to updating, this is just to take a look see whether you like the new 2007He:

DL the 2007He.36.
1) make a backup of your system (mine is 2007He2006.47.17)
2) install Nokia ITT SW update wizard
3) flash the new He2007.36-2
4) restore your backup if you have He2006.47.17; answer NO when ask about reinstall your older library from your MMC
5) boot up; it restore ALL your websitesand your WEP routers. You do have to re-install all your favorite SW though.

Initial impression; GUI remains the same as the older He edition. This He edition correctly identify the device as 770 He edition instead of calling the device as N800. In several websites, it is eye blinking fast, for example, the tableer is loading faster than you can see the web page!

enjoy.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2007-09-07 at 20:17.