Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by stone17 View Post
There is an app in extras or devel, that adds an "search for duplicated contacts" button to the contacts menu. Not the ultimate solution, but quite neat.
I need that...I am looking thru apps, do you happen to remember the name of the app? TIA,

bun

Originally Posted by Canada View Post
I just wish I could get it. Every time I try to update I keep getting not enough space message when I have 1.7 gb avl for applications.
Just like any OS (including desktop), it is healthy to wipe out the system once in a while to get pieces put together in a better way. So, flash your N900 is NOT a very bad idea and the system backup even backup your wifi keys, that said it all. Here is the way to do, just carefully move the PR1.2 image to a location the flasher can find, it will do it, it is 100% window operation, no linux involved, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...743#post692743, thread #17, good luck. How does it work? It works great and I did it this way

bun

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
I need that...I am looking thru apps, do you happen to remember the name of the app? TIA,

bun
its called "merge your duplicate contacts"

Thanks stone17, it was quick, I am installing it and trying it... BTW, I also tried to vote for the bug

bun

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Most enjoyable fix for me would have to be:

BlueTooth audio through my car's stereo has been HUGELY improved.

Tracks used to periodically 'pop' almost like an old LP, and skipping forward/backward through a playlist would take forever -- both issues are completely resolved now.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by wmurpht View Post
Not Fix:

Cannot turn off backlight time-out.
There is a perfectly good app for this "Simple Brightness App"

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:

Tags
firmware update, pr 1.2, problems fixed