Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
I have updated my firmware to PR1.0.1 when it came out and was able to access OVI store, downloading a few nice applications like the anglemeter. However, I can no longer access it. Is OVI store only accessible to those running the latest firmware release, which by now is PR1.1?

I wanted to wait some more with the upgrade to PR1.1 after having read about a number of issues with WLAN connectivity. PR1.1 seems to have made the power management more aggressive to the extent that the N900 cannot be logged into by ssh when it has been inactive for too long itself. Others have seen even more fundamental problems with WLAN. Since downgrading is impossible (one then loses the phone capabilities, I've read), I'm reluctant to make the upgrade to PR1.1. But it seems that PR1.0.1 is not an option if one wants to install new applications, at least from OVI store, although I would have expected that the package management could deal with it at any rate (dependencies should be checked on the level of the set of packages involved, not the complete system, right?).

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-01-17 at 11:32.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
I have updated my firmware to PR1.0.1 when it came out and was able to access OVI store, downloading a few nice applications like the anglemeter. However, I can no longer access it. Is OVI store only accessible to those running the latest firmware release, which by now is PR1.1?

I wanted to wait some more with the upgrade to PR1.1 after having read about a number of issues with WLAN connectivity. PR1.1 seems to have made the power management more aggressive to the extent that the N900 cannot be logged into by ssh when it has been inactive for too long itself. Others have seen even more fundamental problems with WLAN. Since downgrading is impossible (one then loses the phone capabilities, I've read), I'm reluctant to make the upgrade to PR1.1. But it seems that PR1.0.1 is not an option if one wants to install new applications, at least from OVI store, although I would have expected that the package management could deal with it at any rate (dependencies should be checked on the level of the set of packages involved, not the complete system, right?).

hoping not, but are you sure it's not related to the maemo repositories being down? (Shouldn't be as you are talking about the nokia ones) but just checking.

There are a few posts about this problem though - so take a hunt through the forums
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Ovi store is unaffected for me, on latest firmware. And just so you know, i have not had a single problem with PR1.1.

CH

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
Hm, I have the same thing though. I had to reflash after the Februari-update. My current firmware is:3.2010.02.8 Seems to me that this is the latest.

When I visit the Ovi store it says I need to get a maemo update before I can use the store.

Was there something in the first two updates that isn't in the last firmware? (the flashable one from tablets-dev.nokia.com)