Active Topics

Firstly this is my first post, so a big hello to everyone on Maemo.org. Secondly I have searched the site for a couple of hours but no other thread seems to relate to what I'm experiencing.

My problem raised it's ugly head after updating to Pr1.1. Whenever I try to connect to my Airport Express the WIFI symbol flashes for approx 30 secs and then the phone returns the error "Unable to retrieve IP address from server". My N900 connected to the router perfectly before the update. I have 2 Macbook Pro's and a Palm Pre that connect to the internet fine wirelessly so the router doesn't have a fault.
I also tried connecting to my Netgear router but the same error occured. My next step was to delete the wifi connection on the phone and renew it but still no joy.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and hopefully found a fix or work around until Nokia fix PR1.1

Yes I had this on mine, so I removed the WiFi connection completly turned the phone off turned it back on again and re-setup the connection, only this time I went into advanced settings and turned off the power saving on the wireless it connected fine so I went back in and re-enabled the wireless power save

since then its been fine apart from a couple of times that I lose internet but not wireless and a quick reboot brings the internet back online

The Following User Says Thank You to *Sonic* For This Useful Post:
Just tried disabling the power saving option but still no connection. Thanks.

Have you you installed vpnc in your N900?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=41

Nope. Haven't been anywhere near the devel or testing repositories.

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Have you tried to connect to other networks to see if it can connect to WLAN?

Have you tried to remove it from the list of connections?

Tried to connect to 2 different routers with no luck. I have also deleted the saved wifi connections from the phones memory but the bug still doesn't go away.

did you turn your phone off after deleting the connections before trying to add them again

Just done it again but still the problem persists.

Could be a complete red herring but I was having all sorts of fun on my cacky sky router before and after 1.1. It was however considerably worse after 1.1 with dropped connections, refusal to connect to sip services etc.
Bizarrely, I disabled IPv6 on a couple of laptops I had connected and since then (9 hours and counting) the n900 has been rock solid on wlan. Never had more than a couple of hours previously without having to reconnect....

Tags
pr1.1 has ruined my life, shitware