Active Topics

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
aavamobile doesn't seem to be very active lately..

In http://www.aavamobile.com/cdk-pre-order.php

"Thank you for your interest in Aava's h-SDK. Due to the volume of orders we have received, we've closed this page temporarily; please check back with us in Q1 2011."

Notice that we are now in Q3 2011...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Aava won't sell to the general population, I've inquired in the past. Nothing came back to me.

As far as it goes, if things do end... what a good ride. From the 770 to the N900 - it's becoming more and more doubtful I'll get my hands on a N9 - the next set of mobile OS's and internet tablets have a lot to live up to.

What I'm doing now on my Xoom, I did mostly on my N810... but I had a backlit keyboard with the N810.

There are plenty of things we geeks like that go out of style, or wither away. This is just another. Sad to see it go, but it invariably happens. Stay around long enough, even Microsoft might be a memory.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
The End is Coming: What do we do next?
Build a bomb shelter, buy tons of canned food, arm yourself and prepare for the inevitable enslavement of mankind by hyper-intelligent monkeys?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
Build a bomb shelter, buy tons of canned food, arm yourself and prepare for the inevitable enslavement of mankind by hyper-intelligent monkeys?
If you're talking about one particular ape with the warcry that sounds a lot like "developer! Developer! Developer!"' I think that's already happening.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
If you're talking about one particular ape with the warcry that sounds a lot like "developer! Developer! Developer!"' I think that's already happening.
he is not an ape, more like something else from animal farm

Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post
since MeeGo/Arm switched to so the so called hardfp and all the closed source driver pieces and bits required to setup GLES are typically not available in a hardfp compatible form.
Well, that's almost as much of a problem as the drivers either being targeted at Xorg 1.6 or only being available for Android. But as vgrade showed us, if you're persistent you can make things happen.

So for now MeeGo is barely portable to any arm based platform.
MeeGo is totally portable to ARM. I don't recall softfp drivers for Ubuntu being terribly useful in MeeGo, otherwise we would have hardware acceleration on Tegra 2 (and other platforms) ages ago.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
My little humble opinion:
I came here when it was ITT. If we are to be detached from the maemo brand-Nokia, I'd like it to be like ITT again and cover old and new devices alike.
As for the repos, if it works don't fix it, keep the repos as they are. If Nokia pulls the plug, let's move the whole thing somewhere else.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Can Nokia legally pull the plug from the server that hosts the flashable images? I mean, shouldn't they guarantee them for a number of years?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
And that is what we ARE doing. Everything have to be rewritten in qml though as gtk and qt will not work very well on meego/harmattan. But the BIG problem is that there are no community repos up yet. Formeego.org is still on the planning stage and it's only about a month left to the N9 is released and it would be VERY lame if only ovistore worked then.

Edit: Nokia gave out 300 N950 to community devs. All 300 should be listed here when devices are recieved: http://wiki.meego.com/Community_Offi...okia#Completed
Makes me wonder if its possible to upload GPL apps on Ovi?

for me it would be cool if say:

exprimental versions go to formeego.com and when stable just push it to ovi?`and keep going exprimental/unstable in formeego.com.

Not for Nokias sake but for the N9 consumers to be more succeful for "massmarket". Yes I know it will never get massmarket but atleast northeuropean peoples seems to like it. ANd thats why we need apps on Ovi too...

IMHO! This would be the best strategy to make sure N9 lives longer even if the baord seems to not like it.

I mean mainconsumers dont want to tweek with exprimental/unstable but Ovi definitivly needs lots of apps for the "normal consumers" So we actually need to support it too. Atleast until Nokia decides to rip it...

Infact this is our ONLY way to make sure it lives longer IMHO?

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-08-17 at 18:04.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Makes me wonder if its possible to upload GPL apps on Ovi?
Yes. There are already some examples in the Ovi/Nokia Store.

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
community, discussion, doom!, future, gloom!, meego, patience, qole rocks, smilebehappy:)