Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bhopal (India)
Is there any way to use the Internet connection of My Computer(Windows 7) on N900 via USB..
I have gone through the complete procedure explained in N900 USB NETWORKING, but i dont know wats messing up
Everything went fine upto step for configuring usb networking but in the next step which "Host USB network Configuration > Windows" the step no. 7 says :
{under "Home networking connection" select the network connection (Local Area Connection n#) which is dedicated to "Linux USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget".}

i am not able to perform this step..

Is there any easy guide or application or a video tutorial to set up internet connection over n900 via usb using windows machine..????

yes. i want to know that too.can anyone provide a step by step guide. pleeeeeeaaaasssssseeee
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bhopal (India)
People over here are found to be not intrested in helping the newbies..

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Antarctica
I've never heard of that (successfully) being done before. It's definitely possible, but it sounds like one of those, "there are probably 5 easier ways to do it than that..." situations.

And I think the step you're referring to is part of the setup to use the n900's cellular data connection by your windows desktop over usb, which is usually not-too-difficult. Here's a summary of connecting options I've found: http://myn900.wordpress.com/2010/08/...isual-summary/

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Antarctica
Originally Posted by aakash_scsa_hellyeah View Post
People over here are found to be not intrested in helping the newbies..
I don't think it's that people are necessarily unwilling, but maybe more that some questions that newbies think are simple are actually really complex. Or very easily googleable.

Like last month when my mother called me and asked, "How do I save an email?" It sounds like a really simple question, but my reply email to her was around 2000 words. I wonder if she read it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris_r For This Useful Post: