Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Yep, nothing's happening. Try again. Probably the servers got jammed by too many requests.
Thanks, thought so.
We need a UI setting that enables cancel/re-try, etc.

EDIT: I forgot, the image of the lake "fills" (or brigthens) as it downloads, so you can see progress from that. Still need the cancel, etc. though.

Anyway, it's working now. Many thanks.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Really dislike the push button cover actions that have replaced the once glorious swipe cover actions without option to choose between two modes.

-->> My minimized voice recorder app was recording for hours.

With swipe cover actions I would not start recording accidentally just like that.
Same goes for mistakenly getting to dialer and new message when you just wanted to go back to where ever the phone/messaging app screen were before it got minimized.

It never happened with swipe cover actions! I guess you need to be careful where you touch on the cover now!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Then it points back to question, should bad/non-standard implementations be "fixed" by making them work with some non-standard workaround.
How do you know it's a bad/non-standard implementation?

Apple were one of the companies who WROTE THE SPECIFICATION so I'd be surprised if they don't follow it. But even so, nobody else seems to have a problem using Apple's CalDAV server implementation.

Like the Internet was in the days of IE6. Personally I wonder how bad CalDAV and CardDAV be if there is so huge variation on how they work.
I don't think there is such huge variation in protocol. Different servers support different additional features such as to-dos and reminders but the core functionality should be fairly easy.

You don't see such behavior with Active Sync (which I'm using against Z-Push).
There seems to be a lot fewer implementations of ActiveSync, presumably due to it being licensed proprietary technology.

Still, I guess Apple will never fix their end as long as it works with their walled garden, so perhaps Jolla should really fix that. Hopefully Apple has some documentation available for it, otherwise it's more or less hit-and-miss type of debug...
...and in with the dig at Apple from someone using a Microsoft standard.

CalDAV and CardDAV are IETF standards with RFCs. Apple's Calendar and Contacts server is open source. It's at https://trac.calendarserver.org

It has a bug tracker, source code repository, RFCs, Apache Licence...

The CalDAV standard is at http://caldav.calconnect.org

The CardDAV standard is at http://carddav.calconnect.org

And yet we still get idiots going on about Apple's 'walled garden'.

You were banned because of your offensive comments in the great ExFAT-war. Not because complaining about bugs.
Like **** was I. I was banned because a bunch of precious dogmatic idiots who would rather not give money to Microsoft ganged up on anyone who pointed out what the SDXC card standard actually was. Not supporting it properly is a bug.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
i'am confused. It came a lot of information today about Sailfish 2.0. Mit Jolla did'nt find an update. is it still the 1.9.28???

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by chilango View Post
i'am confused. It came a lot of information today about Sailfish 2.0. Mit Jolla did'nt find an update. is it still the 1.9.28???
Yes. They're calling the v1.9.28 preview of 2.0 "2.0" even though it's not quite the full 2.0 which comes later.
The next OS upgrade will include further improvements to the Sailfish OS user experience, and it will complete the transition to Sailfish OS 2.0. At that point the software version numbering will also jump to 2.0.
https://blog.jolla.com/sailfish-os-2-0-now-available/

Originally Posted by aegis View Post
How do you know it's a bad/non-standard implementation?
I don't, but I do have suspicions that either implementation is bad, non-standard or CalDAV/CardDAV standard per se is not very good if some implementations work and others don't. As I mentioned, there are no such problems with ActiveSync.

There seems to be a lot fewer implementations of ActiveSync, presumably due to it being licensed proprietary technology.
Still, it works on both proprietary and open source (Z-Push) implementations without hiccups. Only non-standard implementations (like Lotus Notes) cause problems with it.

Like **** was I. I was banned because a bunch of precious dogmatic idiots who would rather not give money to Microsoft ganged up on anyone who pointed out what the SDXC card standard actually was. Not supporting it properly is a bug.
I was among those who criticized the decision not to license ExFAT, as I saw it being a huge mistake from average users point of view and setting dangerous precedent for future decisions regarding technology and user friendliness. Still, I was not banned. You were, and many of your comments were offensive and non-constructive (or if you thing name calling and disparaging people because of their opinions/faith/ideas is constructive, good mannered and smart...). However, there's no need to take this discussion further.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
****. So Jolla has to tell the real number. So it is producing confusion.

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
RE CalDAV, I don't think anyone should be jumping to conclusions. It's working for me, but not for aegis. Two anecdotes, neither is evidence of anything in particular.

We're using different server implementations, which is more likely to be the reason than a specific client. Is anyone else actually using CalDAV?

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
I can't learn to use the swipe from bottom gesture to bring the app drawer when I'm inside an app. I always forget it's available and swipe from the edge to minimize the app first!
Has this happened to anyone else?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 243kof For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 243kof View Post
I can't learn to use the swipe from bottom gesture to bring the app drawer when I'm inside an app. I always forget it's available and swipe from the edge to minimize the app first!
Has this happened to anyone else?
Almost everytime.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterMaster For This Useful Post: