Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Originally Posted by Creativetone View Post
http://rapidshare.com/files/38349262...Nokia_N900.zip

I hope that this works!

Tone
thank u soo much!!! have a look here and download my pack of modded theme if u like it just to say u thanks!!! link

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to santiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 502 | Thanked: 4,475 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by xman View Post
Thanks Tone!

I was actually thinking of making a post with all of the different brush set I've founded, including a fast2slow set I reordered. Now with Tone's that will bring us to about four sets to choose from (beside the default one). Great for those of use with less experience making the brushes we want..

Is anyone interested in this? Perhaps even use some of Tone instructions (with his permission of course). Maybe having it in a separate thread, but linked to this one.

x
xman, this sounds good..
I like to see what others have done with MyPaint.. brushes, sketches, art...

I am a "bit" enthusiastic about MyPaint and Nokia N900, right now

Tone

Last edited by Creativetone; 2010-05-04 at 22:01. Reason: typos

The Following User Says Thank You to Creativetone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
I see MyPaint made it into repo for diablo.. any chance to see the same for fremantle anytime soon?

The Following User Says Thank You to mthmob For This Useful Post:

hello, pls let me join the club, here's my first experiment. i wish i'll do something as cool as creativetone one day. the reason for the title bar was that menu stop working so i capture the screen to save it instead.
tonight I'll read this thread, managing all configurations into mine. thanks you guys a lot for this.

pressure is working thank you very much everybody! Can't wait to test new version!

Last edited by object; 2010-05-06 at 02:22.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to object For This Useful Post:
Maybe it has something to do with that pic but I like your style.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harp For This Useful Post:
Warning!!!
The mypaint (0.8.2) that's showing soon up in extras-devel is not hildonized (no fremantle UI, yet...). Only upgrade if you know what you are doing...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anders_gud For This Useful Post:
I suggest to wait with version 0.8.2. There will be announcement when it is (somehow) safe to install it.

Because it is not hildonized, only color-selection-window can be accessed in any way (so this initial version is useless).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 502 | Thanked: 4,475 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
object, very nice painting!

This is a style I like a lot or should I say that these like of subjects are sweet

I am happy that there is more people who dare to show their doodles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh... and one thing about that the menu stopped working..
I noticed it also when I used "default" menu system=hildonized?
Menu bar hides.. it only flashes.. but I cannot reach there.

but when I now have used this "normal" menu system there is no problems at all.. And I like this menus a lot more.

You can get this different menu structure when you make "empty" -file named "gtk_menu" to the .mypaint directory.

Example:
/home/user/.mypaint # vi gtk_menu
:wq

If you want back "default" menu.
remove or rename "gtk_menu" file
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anders_gud and AapoRantalainen -

This sounds very good... 0.8.2 version... yeah..
We will get proper Line tool?

I just made (minutes ago) MyPaint Brush that I can very easily Draw Straight Lines! This helps a lot my perspective studies..

What a surprise that we will get newest MyPaint version for this great gadget! Thanks!

Tone
Attached Images

Last edited by Creativetone; 2010-05-05 at 12:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creativetone For This Useful Post:
Actually if you close the color selection window it gets to the normal application. I installed it and i'm playing with it right now.

Impressions:
- menu is a normal strip at the top of the window, and works well (i prefer it to the 0.7.1 version)
- all tool/color windows open up in a new window which is visible in the task manager, but you can't switch from the main window to the tool window (it switches, but then switches to the tool window)
- crashed a couple of times when opening new tool windows or after some time (it doesn't always, might have something to do with resource usage)
- if you open a menu you will have to click on the menu border to exit it (running the leaked PR1.2 here, not sure how it goes with 1.1.1), clicking outside doesn't work
- seems to eat up quite some memory (3 bars full on the cpu/mem info widget in my bar), so maybe that's one of the reasons for crashes.

I'll add more if I find something interesting.

EDIT: Crashes randomly, but usually in the first 2-3 minutes. NOTE: Got the leaked PR1.2 installed, might have something to do with that. Or maybe not. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT2: Apparently if launched from the console it doesn't crash and appears to work fine

Last edited by adancau; 2010-05-05 at 13:34.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adancau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Sadly, I was overly excited about a new version an just install it over the 071 ver..now neither are working. So I will try a clean out all the mypaint stuff a reinstall it the old way. heh, that will teach me, not to install stuff till I'm awake in the morning!

x

Tags
mypaint, sketching