Posts: 98 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Manila
Nokia should pay dearly for choosing WP7 over maemo/meego.what a shame on them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dersonne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
AFAIK the N9 sales have not been mentioned. I very much doubt anything more than 100.000 . The N9 is relatively expensive, not marketed well, and hard to get outside of select markets.
You can doubt, but every rumor or stats I've seen are between 1 and 2 million for Q4 (mentionned elsewhere in this thread too).
It really sold quite well, just not in the "major" markets.

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
. They will continue elop strategy.

funny is they dont want to sell smartphones like n9 even if people.want it where is the white nokia n9 as.n example
This is why Samsung is on top. They listen to what the consumers want, unlike Nokia. They all loved Maemo 5, but only wanted a thinner and keyboardless phone. What does Nokia do, announce MeeGo and more delays. They love the N9, and the story retells itself. They brought it on themselves. I hate to see Nokia die and stop innovating, but with Elop at its helm, I rather see it dead.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
i dont understand why the shareholders havent acted yet.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Yep, it really seems that N9 clearly outsold Lumias, even though it wasn't officially for sale in Spain, France, Germany and Netherlands for example. What Nokia tried to do - however - was to sell these people S40 and Symbian phones...

Clever business.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stonik For This Useful Post:
Quote from link in original post...
On the bright side, the company's new Lumia smartphones that use the Windows Phone operating system are selling well. Nokia CEO Stephen Elop said in a press release that the company has already sold well over 1 million Lumia handsets since the introduction of the product in October.

That's not a very impressive when you consider the sales figures of the N8 on its release.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
i want nokia to suffer bad.Suckers !!

Originally Posted by imo View Post
i want nokia to suffer bad.Suckers !!
I'd prefer for it to survive. If it gets its **** up and N9 sales turn out to be great (as everyone is suggesting without any data) it might have some money to spend on investment and unfreezing things like maemo/meego. Nokia dying will be the end of those. Who is going to buy this in a year or two? Then again, M$ deal might've had 'kill open source division' included, in such case RIP, maybe at announcing bankruptcy maemo blobs will become buyable at few dollars a piece and community could take over. Considering there will be only ios/droid left doubt many investors will swarm

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
thought this was very interesting about N9 numbers - he is estimating 1.75 million N9's so far.

http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...-to-n9-me.html

The crazy thing is that its not been launched in big markets which leaves you wondering how many more would have been sold if it had a full global launch.

He thinks if the N950 and N9 were launched globally with some proper marketing it would be getting closer to 6.6 million devices on harmattan - which is all crystal ball gazing but kind of makes sense if you consider the major markets where the n9 is not being sold right now.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to royster70 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
What will they do? Continue on the doomed path of WP7.

What *should* they do? Tell M$ to P.O. and go with Meego Harmattan.

Last edited by F2thaK; 2012-01-27 at 07:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post: