Originally Posted by Alexxxl View Post
I'm afraid there is no universal remedy.
you need to select which applications and try to work best on the firmware that will suit you.
How do you find out which is the best firmware?

Does 2.4 work with more apps/faces than 2.8?

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Russia Saratov
Originally Posted by Alan Breen View Post
How do you find out which is the best firmware?

Does 2.4 work with more apps/faces than 2.8?
see what happens ...

1) On firmware 2.8 - works most of the "watchface" but sometimes you have to install them with Android devices, since "Rockwatch" can not set them back
And also, on firmware 2.8 does not always work correctly control your music player

2) on firmware 2.4 - normally works to control your music player. installed many "watchface" through "Rockwatch", but not all!
and not all applications can be put even through Android device (need a newer version - 2.8)

3) if the firmware 1.14.0 it - works great player controls.
* well installed "watchface" through "Rockwatch"
but very little of interest "face" on this firmware

in the end I chose a version 2.4

ps - sory for bad english

The Following User Says Thank You to Alexxxl For This Useful Post:
see what happens ...

1) On firmware 2.8 - works most of the "watchface" but sometimes you have to install them with Android devices, since "Rockwatch" can not set them back
And also, on firmware 2.8 does not always work correctly control your music player

2) on firmware 2.4 - normally works to control your music player. installed many "watchface" through "Rockwatch", but not all!
and not all applications can be put even through Android device (need a newer version - 2.8)

3) if the firmware 1.14.0 it - works great player controls.
* well installed "watchface" through "Rockwatch"
but very little of interest "face" on this firmware

in the end I chose a version 2.4

ps - sory for bad english
Thanks for your very helpful reply.

Don't apologise for your English it is quite OK. I can tell you it is much much better than I could do in your language.

I read earlier in the thread that Rockwatch is built using Python.

What version of python is used? I see there is a Harmattan version, Is this the one?

If I understand what I've read correctly the Harmattan python has things in common with QT. What is the difference between Python and QT? Could QT be used.

The reason for my questions is I am am keen to have a play with the Rockwatch app with the idea of making it compatible with Pebble SDK 2.

As you will no doubt guess I am very new to using either QT or Python, my programming/coding experience is limited and it's been quite some time since I did anything like this.

My next question, I see the Pebble SDK is only supported for Mac OS X and Linux, however there is Python for Windows. Since I'm only needing the Pebble library, but presumably not actually using the SDK otherwise, can I still use a Windows machine or will I need to use Linux?

Any other helpful suggestions will be appreciated.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Vietnam
Hi, I also desire to make new Pebble app for my N9 but lack of time.
- Currently Python version for Pebble SDK is v2.7 but v2.6 (harmattan) is OK
- In my knowledge, Qt on N9 v4.7 is not support Bluetooth API (Qtmobility 1.2 has some API but I dont know if it work) which mostly using in code (qtdbus with bluez Dbus interface may resolve this)
- Peeble SDK using gcc to compile watch app to ARM binary, so it need a linux enviroment or using offical Pebble Cloud on web browser.
Hope this help

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lbee For This Useful Post:
set to watch the latest firmware 2.9 - surprisingly works great with my N9.
I recommend to try!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexxxl For This Useful Post:
HI all,

just a short question: Since Nokia store seems to be officially gone now, I'd like to ask if someone could upload a compiled .deb of rockwatch to open-repos, or at least help a noob out with a guide on how to compile said .deb from the files on gitorious.

Cheers

Originally Posted by TheFabBen View Post
HI all,

just a short question: Since Nokia store seems to be officially gone now, I'd like to ask if someone could upload a compiled .deb of rockwatch to open-repos, or at least help a noob out with a guide on how to compile said .deb from the files on gitorious.

Cheers
I would also like to try Pebble on my N9, but can't find Rockwatch anywhere.

The author previously wrote that when the store closes nokia he posted the program on openrepos

The author previously wrote that when the store closes nokia he posted the program on openrepos
I'm not able to use store on my N9 nor I find Rockwatch on openrepos/warehouse.

Tags
nokia n9, smart watch