Closed Thread
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by specc View Post
The current line up of Lumias has proven not to be competitive
I would ask "Which proof are you referring to?" and I would post a couple more links, but then we would deviate from the topic of this thread.

What about discussing Lumia / Windows Phone competitiveness in the Competitors forum?

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
I would ask "Which proof are you referring to?" and I would post a couple more links, but then we would deviate from the topic of this thread.

What about discussing Lumia / Windows Phone competitiveness in the Competitors forum?
The 800 and 710 have been here for some time now. At top 20 at any store they are below 10 already. This basically means way below the sales numbers of the top 5. One x an s and sgs2 rules. The sgs2 has ruled for a year as top seller. The x and s from htc was instant hits. Nokia/MS just have to do much better than this.

Back on topic guys: Let's talk Nokia stock!

Qgil: as maemo community best friend, can you give us a hand in buying Nokia out once it hits 0 as all here and in few other threads are predicting to happen? We could then opensource maemo (diablo/fremantle/harmattan) for 0$ win-win

Who should one contact in IP matters (assuming for example an individual is interested in buying component patents) in regards to maemo?

EDIT: to clarify, don't have the money (yet), just curious how many zeroes they put on dead devices

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Back on topic guys: Let's talk Nokia stock!

Qgil: as maemo community best friend, can you give us a hand in buying Nokia out once it hits 0 as all here and in few other threads are predicting to happen? We could then opensource maemo (diablo/fremantle/harmattan) for 0$ win-win

Who should one contact in IP matters (assuming for example an individual is interested in buying component patents) in regards to maemo?

EDIT: to clarify, don't have the money (yet), just curious how many zeroes they put on dead devices
hits 0 you cant be serious? that will NOT happen. Seems too me some people havnt a clue about how economy works.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
hits 0 you cant be serious? that will NOT happen. Seems too me some people havnt a clue about how economy works.
No, as the only economy wizard out there please predict the future
Attached Images

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
My goal as nokia stock owner is go fire elop and bring back maemo and a new and improved n900. No success yet. Have to send vote to nokia before next meeting.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I got interested in this thread because of the links provided - usually a good filter from all the noise and repetition you can get on this topic out there. Some links from this week that are missing here:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/5358...are-from-apple

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2012/0...-bought-nokia/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8FR3U120120427

http://texrat.net/lets-buy-nokia/
You mean, like this one?

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Samsung overtakes Nokia in mobile phone shipments
"Samsung Electronics has overtaken Nokia to become the world's largest maker of mobile phones, according to research firm Strategy Analytics.
Nokia took the top spot in 1998 from Motorola, but in the first quarter of 2012 Samsung shipped 93m phones compared to almost 83m by Nokia.
Samsung also reported its highest quarterly profit since 2008.
Net profit was 5.05tn won ($4.5bn; £2.8bn) in the quarter ending 31 March, up 81% from 2.78tn won last year.
Samsung is also the world's biggest TV and flat screen maker."

Meanwhile, even while Nokia HAD been the biggest cell phone maker, they didn't diversify enough to even at LEAST claim to also be the biggest boots maker, much less display technologies like televisions. heh Samsung is just doing a LOT of things right.
By the way, the Tech News Today podcast covered this as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWVxiyeIZc8&t=17m23s

The irony here is that for every ONE of those articles you posted, there are a LOT more to contradict the point you're trying to make by posting it. That's not really all that important, though, when the facts boil down to the inherent truth of the matter: Nokia is slipping, slipping fast and its current offerings and customer relations are exceedingly sour and it doesn't look like Nokia is trying to address the problem. Case in point: Your platform is burning? Hook up with an even LESS POPULAR and WORSE-SELLING platform. Nokia's management and executives have not been very receptive to criticism or listened to their customers or engineers in a very long time now and it's showing clearly. If posting a few URL's among a flurry of opposing news, facts and opinions is supposed to convince us, then those who are convinced to invest, buy products or otherwise maintain a brand loyalty with Nokia deserve to be stuck with that sinking ship.

What's wrong about discussing Nokia platforms and products competitiveness (i.e. Lumia / Windows Phone--your company adopted it, we never asked for it) in a thread about Nokia stock and how it's performing? Particularly when this platform is the one that the company is hoping to marry its future to so closely? Just because it is doing badly doesn't mean you should be able to wave a hand and dismiss the criticism or talk about that platform's effects on the company's stock or performance in general. There's plenty of PROOF about how poorly it's working out--you just prefer to label it as 'static' so you can conveniently ignore it. It's pretty naive to show up in a thread about Nokia stock and try to convince people it's doing just fine under the current circumstances.

Here's a better question than yours: Do YOU have some FACTS to disagree with the assessment that the stock is doing badly and headed to worse? I'm not asking for your opinion or personal assessments, just facts--especially since you're outright dismissing ours. Unless you do, perhaps you shouldn't yet participate in this discussion and wait until you do. We'd LOVE to read about them and would welcome those discussions gratefully.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
You mean, like this one?

By the way, the Tech News Today podcast covered this as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWVxiyeIZc8&t=17m23s

The irony here is that for every ONE of those articles you posted, there are a LOT more to contradict the point you're trying to make by posting it. That's not really all that important, though, when the facts boil down to the inherent truth of the matter: Nokia is slipping, slipping fast and its current offerings and customer relations are exceedingly sour and it doesn't look like Nokia is trying to address the problem. Case in point: Your platform is burning? Hook up with an even LESS POPULAR and WORSE-SELLING platform. Nokia's management and executives have not been very receptive to criticism or listened to their customers or engineers in a very long time now and it's showing clearly. If posting a few URL's among a flurry of opposing news, facts and opinions is supposed to convince us, then those who are convinced to invest, buy products or otherwise maintain a brand loyalty with Nokia deserve to be stuck with that sinking ship.

What's wrong about discussing Nokia platforms and products competitiveness (i.e. Lumia / Windows Phone--your company adopted it, we never asked for it) in a thread about Nokia stock and how it's performing? Particularly when this platform is the one that the company is hoping to marry its future to so closely? Just because it is doing badly doesn't mean you should be able to wave a hand and dismiss the criticism or talk about that platform's effects on the company's stock or performance in general. There's plenty of PROOF about how poorly it's working out--you just prefer to label it as 'static' so you can conveniently ignore it. It's pretty naive to show up in a thread about Nokia stock and try to convince people it's doing just fine under the current circumstances.

Here's a better question than yours: Do YOU have some FACTS to disagree with the assessment that the stock is doing badly and headed to worse? I'm not asking for your opinion or personal assessments, just facts--especially since you're outright dismissing ours. Unless you do, perhaps you shouldn't yet participate in this discussion and wait until you do. We'd LOVE to read about them and would welcome those discussions gratefully.
Cool you ask for FACTS when you link to blogspam. So many FACTS were posted here (like Tomi Ahonen: Nokia store was great - yup every developer loved to test and provide fixes for 20 or so symbian devices vs 1 iPhone; blog said so = FACT) that all the CEOs are running scared. OPINIONS of fanatics would be a better label. Sorry danramos.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Perhaps not quite on-topic, but since this seems to be mostly about Nokia's amazing destruction anyway...

I was today at Espoo horse race track. My amazement was quite high when I suddenly saw OPK appear on the track and being interviewed. It turns out that he owns many horses and one of them just made him 50 000 euros by simply running around the track fast.

Now if anything, I'll take that as a rather good example about the state of western society. Ruin truly unique corporation with century and half of tradition and earn a fortune by doing it. So, while the canadian idiot is busy destroying the ashes left by OPK, the man himself is busy having "hobbies", as he described it on that interview on track, that include having stable full of elite bred horses, employing brilliant horse trainer, stable boys, jockey and a race team manager. How I wish that my failures paid off like that.

Having ridden N900 for a year, I have to admit this is a reputable stable. Maybe not the fastest in the recent runs, but still never failed me half-track. Wish they provided the whole DNA, so I could switch few pairs here and there, but in comparison to zebras... OPK rocks (or are we talking about the french sexually abusive guy??? this would change a lot)

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen