Active Topics

Notices

How good is it for tracking my time on a race track? Racechrono doesn't have maemo support (and I doubt it never will) and I have a spare N900 which I could mount on my bike to track my lap times. I've been searching for a software for that but haven't found one yet.

Read the the thread and couldn't find an answer so I'm just asking

The Following User Says Thank You to niboR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ South Africa
"This looks like outdated Qt version.
( the PinchArea is available in QML since Qt 4.7.4). Do you have CSSU installed ? From the log it looks like you are just running PR 1.3, which has only Qt 4.7.0.

Basically -> no, CSSU == no modRana QML (but you can still use modRana with the classic GUI just fine"

A Follow-up for Martin to your comments above:
My ignorance! I had installed CSSU Features & not the full CSSU! Once I installed the full CSSU, modRana QML works perfectly now. Thanx

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evok For This Useful Post:
Hi Martin, An issue I cannot solve in modRana.... When I plot a route (as per your instructions - Getting a route), from current position to the destination and I click on the "route" button, the screen shows geocoding start and starts counting up in seconds but nothing happens? Any ideas as to a solution?
Thanx

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by 7thd View Post
In earlier versions I connected to hotspot (other N900), too and downloaded maps without any problems. Downloading didn't happen, (...)
Retested this: itīs not an issue; modRana flawlessly found erm Jakarta, Indonesia.

The Following User Says Thank You to 7thd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Not sure if it's the issue, Evok, but routing is (at least, now) only possible if Internet (more precisely, Google routing) is available. As far as I know, absence of Internet will not cancel the routing, so when Internet is turned on, the route is found (even if it is several hours later? as long as you haven't cancelled it by then).
If the behaviour ("geocoding..." instead of routing) persists when Internet is available, see if there are any errors logged. (Shrugging - I don't use routing (especially online routing) much (if at all), so I can only hope my advice helps).

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2012-09-30 at 13:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Final outcome.... Thanks to 'Wikiwide' pointing me in the right direction and for Martins patience, I have now managed to get EVERYTHING to work in modRana, including spoken directions in English (using eSpeak) & more importantly the routing between two points. I think the problem was that I didn't realize that there HAD to be an internet connection for 'getting a route' (I used my home WiFi link)
Many thanx for a great APP.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evok For This Useful Post:
Can't wait for Monav offline routing support Thumbs up!
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Evok View Post
Final outcome.... Thanks to 'Wikiwide' pointing me in the right direction and for Martins patience, I have now managed to get EVERYTHING to work in modRana, including spoken directions in English (using eSpeak) & more importantly the routing between two points. I think the problem was that I didn't realize that there HAD to be an internet connection for 'getting a route' (I used my home WiFi link)
Many thanx for a great APP.
Nice to hear that !

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Can't wait for Monav offline routing support Thumbs up!
I'm actually currently working on routing in modRana to be more flexible, so that more features can be added and more routing providers supported.

Regarding Monav - do you (or someone else) know whats the status of Monav (or its routing daemon) on Fremantle ? I know that Marble is using it, but thats probably directly through the C++ API. Does Monav have a working CLI interface or Python bindings so that modRana can also interface with it ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Oh and by the way...

modRana V0.33.1 has been released !

Whats new ?
  • automatic rerouting
  • faster online routing
  • miscantelous

Automatic rerouting
ModRana now automatically reroutes if you leave the from the route.

How does it work ?
While following a route, modRana checks every 5 seconds the distance from all line segments that the route consists of and remembers the minimum distance. If the minimum distance is more than a given threshold (30 meters by default, can be changed in options->Navigation->Rerouting), it does 3 more checks in 1 second intervals, to weed out any temporary diversions or temporary GPS errors. If all 3 checks are positive, rerouting is triggered.

In short - the threshold defines a corridor around the route, if you leave it, modRana will reroute.

To prevent unnecessary reroutes, automatic rerouting is not activated until you "reach" the route for the first time. To "reach" a route just enter its "corridor".

Automatic rerouting is also disabled once you reach the destination of your current route.

How to check if automatic rerouting is enabled ?
Check out the navigation info box, there should be automatic rerouting enabled in the lower left corner.

How to completely disable automatic rerouting ?
In options->Navigation->Rerouting set Rerouting trigger distance to disabled.

Faster online routing
Start and destination address geocoding has been decoupled from online route search, making online route lookups faster. The address info is not lost - modRana simply triggers start & destination geocoding once the route detail menu is first entered.

Miscantelous
  • faster algorithms for computing geographic distance, based on code from Marble
  • cleaner route handling - needed for future work (including Wikiwides manual routing, adding support for more providers, restoring route on startup, routing on GPX files, etc.)

Last edited by MartinK; 2012-07-20 at 23:31.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
why do i get a grey screen?

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps