While the integrated Skype in N900 is really a great feature, there is still room for improvement. So please add and/or vote for solutions that would make it even better.

Brainstorm Link

Last edited by Sasler; 2009-12-16 at 13:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post:
1. Better voice stability. It is not as stable as skype on iPhone. It crackles pops and stutters a lot. :-(

Originally Posted by kaz911 View Post
1. Better voice stability. It is not as stable as skype on iPhone. It crackles pops and stutters a lot. :-(
Really? I have had no problems with the voice. Then again, I'm using it on WLAN all the time. What connection are you using?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post:
no problem here either.
I would like to see video call support though.

Originally Posted by mtjioe View Post
no problem here either.
I would like to see video call support though.
It's there as solution 1. Please vote for this proposal and if it gets enough votes, you can vote for this solution.

Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
Really? I have had no problems with the voice. Then again, I'm using it on WLAN all the time. What connection are you using?
Im on a 16/1 mbps ...

No problems on iPhone. No problems with Netgear Skype Phone. But hiss crackle and pop with N900. Other end hears me fine. About 1-2 meters from AP.

No problems in SIP - that implementation is good apart from LONG call establishment times compared with Zoiper/SNOM etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to kaz911 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kaz911 View Post
Im on a 16/1 mbps ...

No problems on iPhone. No problems with Netgear Skype Phone. But hiss crackle and pop with N900. Other end hears me fine. About 1-2 meters from AP.

No problems in SIP - that implementation is good apart from LONG call establishment times compared with Zoiper/SNOM etc.
I just did a test call with Skype using WLAN and I had no problems with sound quality. However, the other party was using an iPhone, so probably both of the devices were sending audio in lower bit rate and therefore there should be no problems. I wonder if Skype is trying to send audio with too high bit rate seeing that you have a fast connection and the CPU has some decoding issues?

Of course this is pure speculation as I really do not know for sure how Skype protocol works.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
No problems with sound in Skype, both on WiFi and 3G.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Not to be a wet blanket, but isn't Skype completely out of our hands?

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Not to be a wet blanket, but isn't Skype completely out of our hands?
Possibly, but with enough votes, maybe someone who is in a position do to something about it could see the demand for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post: