Notices

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
apparently not all contacts are syncing for me in the latest version by cepi

The Following User Says Thank You to nonikhanna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Hahaha, now out of all the contacts I have in my phone, Wazapp decided not to see my wife's number

Not to be ungrateful but this new version is not stable at all. I'm downgrading again and wait a lil longer.

EDIT: After downgrading, all the numbers that were not showing are back, including my wife's.

Last edited by Muzimak; 2012-09-13 at 18:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Hahaha, now out of all the contacts I have in my phone, Wazapp decided not to see my wife's number
I'm sorry Mrs. Muzimak, couldn't message you cuz my wazapp didn't see your number!! first people having dating problems and now wife problems

Edit: Im downgrading too for now. all the contacts I actually message are not visible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonikhanna For This Useful Post:
some of you people gotta calm down with the updates. If it works leave it and bide your time until the next major update from Tgalal. I believe they are all working together to provide the best build. I'm on that slightly modified 2.6 that was said tgalal posted and haven't changed since, waiting to see how it goes.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by nonikhanna View Post
I'm sorry Mrs. Muzimak, couldn't message you cuz my wazapp didn't see your number!! first people having dating problems and now wife problems

Edit: Im downgrading too for now. all the contacts I actually message are not visible.
Hahahah Mrs Muzimak, I'm gonna make sure I keep the old version stored somewhere safe in case this happens again LOL .... Thanx Mr & Mrs Nonikhanna ........

Is there a way we could agree on giving us the option to sync all or use selection in case of small contacts database!?

Currently it syncs none of my contacts at all.

Great to know the source of the issue has been identified and the connection issue rectified ( status pull )

Cheers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoritzJT For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Okay the only problem is contact sync, @cepi just report it, thx btw, rollback to previous one, and its work again now

Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Small update:
- Fixed bug sending captured videos
- Fixed bugs getting last seen (this causes wazapp stop working)

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12134784/MEE...92012-1325.deb

Also, I've removed "Select contacts for sync" option
It takes ages to load all contacts in QML side. So if some paranoid wants to sync only what he wants, just don't use wazapp. Anyways, whatsapp syncs all contacts too.

For those who have those contacts issues in chats. Please send me the log file. But not the log now! Remove the database (sorry for this) and start wazapp using terminal. If this issue happens, then PM me the log.
I can't fix it if I don't have this issue.
Thanks!
Can you at least provide an option to remove contact from contact list once all contacts have been synced? like the block option. Thank would be great.

thanks!

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Asuncion
Hey! I have already solved my dating problems FYI! Thanks to Cepi!

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
with this latest Cepi's dev version 1309 I can finally sync my contact list with more than 500 contacts successfully... it does give me "not responding" once, but continues briefly afterwards, and contacts are loaded... really delighted... all that with the old .db file too, so all chats and groups are saved... great job, guys!

EDIT: my mistake! started now from the terminal with the old .db file, and only those existing contacts are being fetched and loaded... deleted .db file, started it again from the terminal line and no contact is loaded...

[tw] @kegnatz

Last edited by Zelig; 2012-09-13 at 20:40.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp