Notices

Over in maemo garage... https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=68

Please have a stab and let me know if it works ok for you.

Quick instructions - install at least one of the data files, and the game file.

Then start a terminal session, and type

/usr/games/dungeonmaster

or

/usr/games/chaos-strikes-back

Note: I had an error with the first files whereby I had a hashbang of a bash shell. This should be an ash shell. Let me know if that hits you. I had to fix it on my 770 by doing sudo gainroot and then vi the file.

I've got sound working just about now.

I've also figured out that the config.linux file can be used to put your own keymappings in. So I'll update the data file packages with appropriate settings to allow the keypad etc. to be used to control movement in the game.

Here's the diff if you want to do it now:
34d33
< key 1 000111 480000 ; Nokia keypad up = move forward
42d40
< key 1 000120 470000 ; Nokia + = turn right
48d45
< key 1 000121 520000 ; Nokia - = turn left
53d49
< key 1 000113 4d0000 ; Nokia keypad right = move right
59d54
< key 1 000114 4b0000 ; Nokia keypad left = move left
64d58
< key 1 000112 500000 ; Nokia keypad down = move backward

I've also got rid of that annoying thing where if you just miss a movement button, the inventory screen comes up.

I wasn't going to post a new set of builds until I'd got the stuff ready with running from the menu etc. - but that may take me some time - so if you're keen, let me know and I'll post the latest debs.

I'm keen! But if it's too much trouble I'll just do the patching.

Sounds very cool.

Ok I'll post new debs tomorrow. In meantime game is much more playable with hardware keys mapped.

Hi, i loaded and tested the game dungeon master on aug, 18th version and i noticed that when you read scrolls (putting the scroll on the eye) it would show you what it read, but the game would lock up...

are you fixing this too??? I love this game and your doing an awesome job!!! Can't wait next release!!!

Thanks

CobraKCP

The Following User Says Thank You to CobraKC For This Useful Post:
Thanks for that. I've been reading scrolls by dropping them on the left hand instead of the wielded weapon, which does not cause freeze.

I'll do a debug and hopefully fix but in meantime I'd suggest that alternative approach !

Good feedback .

Hi CobraKCP,
On the "normal" linux version, clicking the scroll over the eye shows the scroll, then when you unclick (mouseup) then the eye etc. reverts.
For some reason, unknown as yet, the mouseup event isn't happening on the Nokia. I'll see what I can do.
In the meantime, at least we have a workaround.
The original develop (Paul Stevens) had a version working on his PocketPC, so I'll see what he did and then copy it probably

- Just now the family is having some quiet time so I'm trying to get window title and appearing in the task bar working then I'll post the new debs with sound and the rest.

Right guys new debs on garage. Please test and let me know your experiences!

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=68

* Added .desktop file
* Set window title
* Compiled in sound
* Changed pseudo right mouse click behaviour to only right click when in the portrait bar
* Included Nokia 770 hardware key mappings in config.linux

* Added .desktop file
* Set window title
* Compiled in sound
* Changed pseudo right mouse click behaviour to only right click when in the portrait bar
* Included Nokia 770 hardware key mappings in config.linux

@Cobra - well done for spotting the bug.

I've fixed it!!

New build on garage, and as that's the only reported issue, I'm issuing it to the application catalogue.

Any other issues, feel free to throw them to me!!

I've also update the "porting from x86 page" that somebody kindly started, with the information I hit along the debugging path.

Take care all...

...and any suggestions for the next project?

Note: it took from March until now to get this one sorted out.

Next may be easier given that now I know how to do some basic things, but even so.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ OC, CA
Nice job!!!