Active Topics

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
From experience, it's not a hard thing to do. Takes 5 mins a day tops.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by smoku View Post
Selling on my own is even worse. I have a lot to take care of and do not really want to take third full-time job in marketing and sales.
What makes you think so? Have you tried? Because I have, and it definitely isn't as bad as you paint it to be. Does not take much extra time.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Yes, I tried selling shareware.

If you're fine with making some money to go out for a beer once a month may be worth considering. But I'm not a student living at my parents place anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
If you're fine with making some money to go out for a beer once a month may be worth considering. But I'm not a student living at my parents place anymore.
Yes, this is essentially correct: it is in no way a full-time occupation. But then. the Ovi Store is not going to change that anyway: it does not add much value, other than presenting your app at the Ovi Store site and processing payments.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I can't believe you used the phrase Ovi Store on the same line as the word "seriously". This is pretty close to being an oxy***** -- the Ovi Store seems so primitive to me as not to be serious.

Seems to me that the easiest thing would be to put a PayPal button on a site somewhere and beg passersby who like your program to donate.

Oh my gosh, they censored the word oxy*****! They will probably censor this one too. Well, if they don't care about communication, they can censor whatever they want.

Why is the word o x y m o r o n censored? Will I be given thirty lashes for using it?

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Why is the word o x y m o r o n censored? Will I be given thirty lashes for using it?
It's not. M o r o n is though. That's why you get oxy***** when you type it

Originally Posted by giannoug View Post
It's not. M o r o n is though. That's why you get oxy***** when you type it
Right, well that's brain-dead, idiotic, stupid. anencephalic.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
I ve tryed to sell Vectormine ... the problem isn't putting a payment system, it s take one hour to do to an experimented developpers. No the problem is more visibility ... as non free app promotion in maemo is completely broken, noone test non free apps and ... you got really poor visibility. Indeed ovi store isn't good ... but provide a real visibility on your apps or game ... look how many time angry bird was download ...

Tags
ovi store