Notices

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Nidderau,Hessen , Germany
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Not really as that requires copying files over and then putting them onto a pc and then changing them and then copying them back, and making sure permissions are the same ect.

My nano method allows editing and saving on the device in one step, and SSH is just as simple but using a PC to view and edit the file.

No copying or permission errors to worry about
well i will give it a try =D , thanks in advance =P hope this saves my whatsapp xD

Originally Posted by adio_89 View Post
well i will give it a try =D , thanks in advance =P hope this saves my whatsapp xD
Good luck!

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ lebanon
0.1.8 version
http://db.tt/99M8dh92

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Croatia
did a search... didnt find it... link for latest wazapp developer version?

Don't bother. Whatsapp has blocked unofficial clients from registering like Wazapp and Yappari.

Last edited by SamGan; 2012-07-26 at 07:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
But why? Well that would explain why I can't register since a few days..

If so, they only blocked the unofficial versions from registering. Once registered, connecting to the service works without problems.

And my solution to start registration under NITdroid (which is recognized by their servers as official, since you're using the official WhatsApp client under NITdroid) and grab the 3-digit code from there and enter it manually in Wazapp still works.

I described the procedure here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1857

I know that's not gonna the help the people without NITdroid, but it's a start.

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Germany
Is this still the right procedure to update to dev? http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1811

If yes, is step 2 really necessary? If yes, why? Because I want to keep the comm. history.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Nidderau,Hessen , Germany
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Don't bother. Whatsapp has blocked unofficial clients from registering like Wazapp and Yappari.
i don't get why a company tries to get people to stop using their stuff, in my opinion they should be grateful for this, that people like their service so much they want top have it no matter what , and now they just screw us over oO i thought it mightr have been because of the money, but whatsapp is free is it ? most app versions are free too... so i don't get why someone would do that -.-i hope there might be anopther workaround soon

The Following User Says Thank You to adio_89 For This Useful Post:
When i asked them to unblock my number, I have received this reply.

hank you for your email. Several problems that may have been present in earlier versions of WhatsApp, have now been fixed in the newest version (2.8.4).

You can download this latest version of WhatsApp by visiting this link on your phone browser: http://www.whatsapp.com/nokia/WhatsApp_2_8_4.sis . Please do not download it from the Ovi store, as it may not have the latest version.

This update contains the ability to use and view profile photos! You can set your profile photo in WhatsApp by going to Options -> Settings -> General. This new version also lets you view push names of unknown phone numbers in group chats. Addtionally, this update has several fixes for verification and notifications.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp