Active Topics

I guess android apps like FB, WA and TG eat the battery - they didnt before, so Jolla has regressed in that matter. Maybe related to that, that IM-apps are not working in background, instead they have to open - not the right way. Maybe they have severe battery problems with these matters. *just speculating*

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
While searching the full disclosure forum lists I found the publication of one security bug that has been already fixed in Update 11:

http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2015/Mar/93

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Jolla should give 5000 Euro to whoever hack sail in the best way. They need to improve security.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Battery drain seems almost entirely down to default browser / Alien Dalvik. If only there was an official WhatsApp app (or I could manage to convince my friends to use Telegram) - I'd be Dalvik-free forever.

I swear the browser wasn't always this resource heavy though. Thing gets hot when I have multiple tabs / YouTube videos open.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to From Vertu with Love For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
My battery is at 85% original calacity and when the charge drops to 30%, odds are about 3:1 that the phone will spontaneusly reboot. When it does, it remains in a boot loop until I put it on a charger or until the battery drains completely, which is usually about 5 minutes. U11 has nothing to do with it though.
You should try to clean the battery contacts. It looks like this fixed the shutdown and reboot issues for me completely. I cleaned the contacts two months ago and did not have a single shutdown or reboot since then.
I came back just to say thanks, cleaning the battery contacts has solved the above problem. I was a bit dubious to say the least since dirty contacts would IMO cause unexpected reboot independent of the battery level - but it does not cost anything to do that and the outcome is no unexpected reboots any more.

The only explanation I can come up with is that the dirt increases the contacts' resistance and this is demonstrated the most when the battery voltage is reduced.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Since a factory reset some weeks ago, silencing incoming calls by turning the device upside down doesn't work anymore. I have the last OS update. Any hint on how to repair/reinstall this?

run that phone diagnostic test (I cannot remember its name ;-) and check phone sensors are working ok first.

The Following User Says Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
run that phone diagnostic test (I cannot remember its name ;-) and check phone sensors are working ok first.
Thanks for the suggestion, no problems found on the hardware, though.

Tags
bada rocks, not again!, tags suck!, yes again!