Notices

I had the same problem and followed codeMonkey's advice and Comix is now working well. Thanks for everybody's contribution. I'm surprise on the official maemo.org garage site there's no info on this issue. Really makes me scratch my head.

Give cbrPager a try too, it's much quicker loading files, and being actively maintained - I don't use comix any more since cbrPager came along.

Originally Posted by ming387 View Post
I had the same problem and followed codeMonkey's advice and Comix is now working well. Thanks for everybody's contribution. I'm surprise on the official maemo.org garage site there's no info on this issue. Really makes me scratch my head.
I too have to thank Codemonkey. He/she helped me get comix up and running again. cbr is good to but comix has more options for displaying pics and manga.

Yeah, cbrPager is still currently in need of some love with it's interface too - it originally won me over because it's so much speedier at loading to begin with.

Update for n900:
After you've done any
Code:
apt-get install
please remember to do an
Code:
apt-get clean
- you don't want the comix installer file taking up valuable root filesystem space.

Hi CodeMonkey,

I want to know if comix is running well under maemo5 .

Thanks for your answers.

Bye

I'm afraid I haven't tried really tried it on this platform - I used to use it on diablo.

It looks like ny900 thinks it's fine, and it does seem to be under quite active development.
It looks like it was experiencing some problems in the previous version in testing, and so far no-one has given any new feedback on the new version. Link to package page.
The best way to find out is to install it from the testing repositories, and report any problems you find to the maintainer. Link to the current version in testing as of 22/01/10

I just finished installing the latest version. I'll let you guys know if anything new pops up.

In case anyone was wondering the new version of comix works ok. As of the last maemo update there are a few issues with the picture going from landscape to portrait or vice versa when u dont want it to. but it is still the best app on the 900 for comix and manga.

before a flashed my nn900 i had comix running, i was using it to read the walking dead.
anyway it was perfect, clear as mud. it did have a issue with auto rotate but i diabled that feature. i couldnt really tell if it was a comix issue OR the comic layout, once disabled it was perfect.

but as many already know the screen is just to0 small for comics, in some situations i had to use the zoom feature becuase of the layout of the comic itself when it did a double page spread.