Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Edit : the procedure below breaks (red "!" icon appears) about dozen Harmattan softwares (Nokia Store, Nokia Maps, etc) and also some 3rd-party softwares. It is due to replacing libgcrypt11 !

I have had to download the Harmattan libgcrypt11 and install it @ N9 with dpkg.real -i.

As soon as the original libgcrypt11 was installed again, all icons returned to normal and the softwares are working.

===========================================

PresenceVNC running on Nokia N9 ! With Harmattan virtual keyboard, touch scrolling with 2 fingers, etc.

Only issue : PresenceVNC on Nokia N9 is not in full screen.

And I am not sure using libgcrypt11 from debian armel is safe. For the moment, my N9 works, booted ok, etc.

I have downloaded from rzr's repository the files below installed with dpkg, except debian armel libgcrypt11 v1.4.5 :
# dpkg -i libtasn1-3_1.4-1_armel.deb
# dpkg.real -i install libgcrypt11_1.4.5-2_armel.deb
# dpkg -i --force-all libgnutls26_2.4.2-6_armel.deb
# dpkg -i --force-all libvncserver0_0.9.8.2-2_armel.deb
# dpkg -i presencevnc_0.0.0-0~rzr1_armel.deb
Dear rcolistete

I don't know why my virtual keyboard don't work on PresenceVNC after I connect to remote computer.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
because the version which is currently avail is not supporting vkb. I'm currently working on for a version which would support vkb and a bit more N9 optimized UI, I'll let you know when there is a working version avail.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
The only missing app for me on N9 is any kind of VNC viewer.
rainisto, keep it going please. Thank you in advance.

Originally Posted by asianremedy View Post
The only missing app for me on N9 is any kind of VNC viewer.
rainisto, keep it going please. Thank you in advance.
Team Viewer on N9 would be a dream that came true . I always wanted to be able to control my home PC over the internet from any place on this world .

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
rainisto: not pure-Latin characters can't be input with the vkb, e.g. 'ś', 'ć', 'ä', 'д'

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Post #13 has v0.8 of Presence VNC attached but since it has no vkb, it's mostly useless. Could anybody point me to the v0.9 (or later, I'm not sure which version was the last free one)?

Originally Posted by tmi View Post
...point me to the v0.9
Found it. Still only barely usable. I wonder, if the paid version was any more user friendly. But since the store is gone... meh.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tmi View Post
Found it. Still only barely usable. I wonder, if the paid version was any more user friendly. But since the store is gone... meh.
Well that 0.9 version is the paid version. But as store is gone, then I'm not making any profit for it anymore, so I don't care
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Well that 0.9 version is the paid version. But as store is gone, then I'm not making any profit for it anymore, so I don't care
My bad, I thought there were 1-2 free versions prior to one or more paid ones.
The About box mentioning "This program is free software" kind of fooled me, too.

And also, thanks!

(On a side note, I finally figured how to to dismiss the VKB properly so I take back the words "only barely" from my previous post)

The Following User Says Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
But as store is gone, then I'm not making any profit for it anymore, so I don't care
If I may be so bold...
Since you mentioned you don't care, would you consider putting Presence VNC available in OpenRepos?

In case you're not interested but don't mind, I'm sure somebody else can do it too -even me- and give you the credits. However, Basil will want to see somekind of approval if the uploader is anybody else than you.

If you feel OpenRepos is totally out of the question, no hard feelings.